How to Straighten Curly Hair Naturally: 10 Home Remedies!
Who doesn’t want to change the look of their hair every once in a while? Going to a salon or hair treatments can be costly and harmful for your hair. What if we told you there are simple and cost-effective ways to straighten your curly hair naturally? One of the popular hairstyles among people of all ages is smooth and silky hair, and it is straightforward to style this type of hair.
Read on to know more about how to straighten curly hair naturally without putting a hole through your pocket.
How to Straighten Curly Hair Naturally:
This article will guide you on straightening curly hair using different home remedies and simple tips.
1. The Papaya And Banana Mask:
The combination of banana and papaya gives you a shiny and healthy finish to your hair. It also helps condition and nourishes your hair improving its tensile strength. Using this hair mask at least once a week, you will be able to straighten curly hair naturally. It also makes your hair healthy by reducing hair fall significantly.
- One banana (ripe).
- One piece of papaya(large).
- Take a bowl and add equal amounts of papaya and banana.
- You can either blend the contents or mash them thoroughly to form a lump-free smooth paste.
- Gently apply the paste to your hair evenly without leaving a spot.
- Let it stay on your hair for about 45 minutes.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water to rinse your hair.
- You can apply this hair pack once a week for significant results.
2. Coconut Milk And Lemon Juice:
The mixture of coconut milk and lemon juice helps manage your frizzy hair starting with the first use. The combination gives your scalp a boost of vitamin C, along with conditioning your hair. Coconut milk makes curly hair straight permanently, to an extent making your hair silky and soft.
- One cup of coconut milk.
- Lemon juice.
- Add lemon juice to the cup of coconut milk.
- Refrigerate the bowl after mixing the contents thoroughly.
- On the top layer of the bowl, you will find a layer of thick cream.
- Take the cream separately.
- Gently apply the cream to your hair evenly.
- Let it dry for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use a shampoo to wash your hair and condition it properly.
- You can use this remedy once a week.
3. Milk And Honey:
Milk has proteins that fortify our hair by nourishing it from within. Honey helps control the frizz by sealing the moisture with the help of its emollient properties. This combo helps straighten your naturally curly hair giving it a smooth feel.
- ¼ cup of milk.
- 2 tbsp of honey.
- Take the milk and honey into a bowl.
- Combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Gently apply the concoction to your hair evenly without leaving a spot.
- Let it dry for about 2 hours.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water to wash your hair.
- You can follow this procedure once a week.
4. Hot Oil Treatments:
Castor oil works wonders when applied to your hair. Mixing it with oil we regularly use, such as coconut oil, is cherry on top. By mixing castor oil with coconut oil, you will be able to add shine and smooth hair. It also keeps your hair hydrated and controls the frizz to a great extent making it one of the comfortable home remedies to straighten curly hair.
- One tbsp of coconut oil.
- One tbsp of castor oil.
- Add the castor oil and coconut oil to a small bowl.
- Heat the oils until they are slightly warm, mixing them properly.
- Slowly apply the warm oil mixture to your scalp in a circular motion for about 15 minutes.
- Leave it in your hair for 30 more minutes.
- Use mild-sulfate shampoo and cold water to wash your hair.
- You can follow this procedure at least twice a week for desired results.
5. Fuller’s Earth Pack:
The benefits of fuller’s earth or Multani mitti offers for skin care are well known. But it is also useful in protecting your roots when you want to straighten your curly hair. It is one of the best herbal remedies that make your curly hair straight naturally.
- One cup of fuller’s earth.
- Two tbsp of rice flour.
- One egg white.
- Some water
- Add the rice flour and egg white to the cup of fuller’s earth powder.
- Mix the contents thoroughly.
- You can add water accordingly to form a thin mixture.
- Gently apply the mixture to your hair evenly.
- Let it stay on your hair for at least an hour.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and warm water.
6. Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
Rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar helps eliminate dirt and oil from your hair by cleansing it. It also smooths down your hair by dislodging dirt from your cuticles. It makes your hair look straight by getting rid of the frizz and gives it a healthy look.
- Two tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- One cup of water.
- Take a cup of water and mix it with the apple cider vinegar thoroughly.
- Firstly, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and condition it properly.
- As a final rinse, pour the apple cider vinegar mixture through your hair.
- There is no need to rinse your hair after this step.
- You can use this remedy once a week.
7. Olive Oil And Eggs:
Eggs help smoothen your hair with the help of the proteins in it. Whereas olive oils oil acts as a perfect conditioning agent. You can get frizz-free and soft hair by combining these two ingredients.
- Two eggs.
- Three tbsp of olive oil.
- Take a bowl and add the olive oil and eggs to it.
- Whisk the contents thoroughly till they form a blended mixture.
- Apply the mixture onto your hair evenly.
- Let the mixture dry out for at least an hour.
- Use a mild-sulfate shampoo and coo; water to wash your hair.
- You can use this mixture once a week.
8. Aloe Vera Gel Mask:
The enzymes present in aloe vera promotes hair growth, giving it a smooth finish. It also reduces the frizz to a great by hydrating it since it penetrated your hair shaft quickly. It makes aloe vera one of the best ways to change curly hair to straight naturally.
- ¼ cup of aloe vera gel.
- ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Warm up the olive oil slightly.
- Mix the aloe vera gel and olive oil thoroughly combining them.
- Gently apply this mixture to your hair.
- Let it stay in your hair for about 40 minutes.
- Use a mild-sulfate shampoo and cold water to wash your hair.
- You can apply this mixture once a week.
9. Curd, Banana, And Olive Oil:
The combination of curd, olive oil, and banana improves your hair’s texture, acting as a deep conditioning treatment. It makes your hair straight and robust by controlling your frizz. Try this hair pack to improve the consistency and quality of your hair.
- Two bananas(ripe).
- 2 tbsps of honey.
- Two tbsp of olive oil.
- Two tbsp of curd.
- Peel the bananas and mash them till it forms a smooth paste.
- Mix the paste by adding the other ingredients to it.
- Gently apply this mixture to your hair evenly.
- Let the mixture stay on your hair for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water.
- You can try using this hair mask for at least one week.
[ Read More: Best Fruits for Healthy Hair Growth ]
You don’t have to empty your pockets to straighten your hair. Life becomes much easier when you can straighten your curly hair naturally. With a lot of patience and proper routine, you can transform frizzy, curly hair to smooth and straightened hair. Since these remedies are chemical-free, they do not cause any harm to your hair. Don’t forget to let us know how these tips have worked out for you!