When it comes to treating hair growth and thickness-related issues, natural hair growth remedies often have the most relevant nurturing traits. Some natural remedies for hair growth and thickness are listed below to help you get the fullness of hair that you’re looking for.
Table of Contents
- Home Remedies for Hair Growth and Thickness
- 1. Coffee
- 2. Oil
- 3. Aloe Vera
- 4. Curry Leaves
- 5. Fenugreek
- 6. Green Tea
- 7. Onion Juice
- 8. Chinese Hibiscus and Leaves
- 9. Orange
- 10. Avocado
- 11. Egg
- 12. Diet
Home Remedies for Hair Growth and Thickness
Coffee is one of the most preferred beverages but who knew that it could also be used for hair growth and thickness? The major component of coffee is caffeine which is literally an eye-opener, hence, used early in the morning or after work. Unexpectedly, it is also a hair-extending agent. It can promote hair growth by increasing the anagen stage of hair development (1).
- How to Use: Drink brewed coffee once or twice every day. But be cautious! Those who cannot bear heavy caffeine intake due to some medical condition or other reasons must be careful with the consumption of coffee.
Oiling is an old home remedy for hair growth and thickness. Oiling is also used for the strength, shine, and length of hair from ancient times. The use of coconut oil, especially, is very effective when it comes to the amplification of hair health (2). Additionally, there are many essential oils for faster hair growth which you can use too.
- How to Use: Generally, hair oiling works best when applied overnight. You could use this therapy every night or after each night then wash your hair in the morning before heading for studies or work.
Related: 10 Essential Oils for Much Faster Hair Growth: How to Use
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has long been used as a home remedy for hair growth, thickness, and treating hair loss problems (3). It contains vitamins A, C, and E (4). All three of these vitamins are known to contribute to cell turnover, supporting healthy cell growth and shiny hair. Plus, vitamin B-12 and folic acid are also included in aloe vera gel (4). Both of these elements can keep your hair from falling out. Aloe Vera plant can be easily grown indoors. A leaf can be plucked occasionally and cut open to reveal its gel. This gel needs to be applied on the scalp basically, to provide nourishment to the roots.
- How to Use: Rub this gel on your head properly, leaving no area dry; wash after half an hour or so. Keeping this massage as a part of your weekly routine will eventually make your hair thick and long.
4. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves provide a protein rush to the roots of your hair. Additionally, they moisturize your hair making them look shinier and manageable.
- How to Use: The recipe for this hair growth remedy is: take some coconut oil (as a carrier oil) in a small pot and put some curry leaves in it, when it has boiled, strain it out and use the filtrated oil and let it cool. When it has cooled down to a tolerable temperature, apply it on your head and hair. Well, definitely, massage your head too. Wash it off after a few hours with your regular shampoo.
Another home remedy for hair growth and thickness is Fenugreek seeds. Fenugreek seeds have the same application method for all kinds of hair mishap recoveries.
- How to Use: Soak half a cup seeds in water overnight, blend them in the morning and apply the paste on your scalp for a few hours then wash it off. This therapy is extremely effective if you’re desiring some real hair volume.
6. Green Tea
Green tea is often consumed as a home remedy for weight loss. Surprisingly, it has many other benefits including hair-related benefits.
- How to Use: Consuming green tea once every day can add to the strength and length of your hair. If your body is extremely comfortable with green tea then you may even consume it twice every day.
7. Onion Juice
A bi-weekly application of onion Juice can relieve you of your tension regarding hair health. The smell can really torture you, but divert your attention in doing something else for a while like making a puzzle or washing the dishes. From an early age, onion juice has been used as a home remedy to control hair fall. Research has been shown that onion juice has been successfully treated patchy alopecia areata (non-scarring hair loss condition) by promoting hair growth (5).
- How to Use: Take the half onion and blend it. Apply it on every nook and corner of your scalp and let it sit for some 60 minutes or so. Shampoo it off when it’s time for the hair-wash.
8. Chinese Hibiscus and Leaves
The flower and its leaves are both hair-friendly items of nature. This remedy will essentially stop any hair fall to retain your hair volume and will also adorn your hair.
- How to Use: Pluck a flower and some leaves and grind them. Put some coconut oil in it to make it useable. Mix it well. Apply this on your scalp for a duration of 1 hour and then clean your head with your shampoo.
Oranges are a rich source of vitamin C. Furthermore, the pectin, vitamins, and acid in them can promote hair health in a variety of ways making them look glamorous. What is ideal about this therapy is the aroma. Oranges are fragrant fruits and their application is not considered a pain.
- How to Use: You can occasionally blend a few oranges and make a puree. Then apply and massage this puree on your head thoroughly. Wash it after 30 minutes. You may also use a conditioner.
Using an avocado massage bi-weekly is very helpful for hair growth and thickness. Avocados are remarkably moisturizing and nourishing because they contain natural oils and both polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids (the “good” fats) (6). The nutritious avocado will eventually give you your dream hair. Plus, because of the natural oils from avocado, you can use it as a home remedy for dry hair treatments.
- How to Use: Take a carrier oil like olive oil and mix it with one avocado. Apply it on your scalp and let it do its work for half an hour, then rinse with a shampoo.
Related: 12 Home Remedies for Dry Hair Treatments
The hair strand thickness that you are craving or the overall volume, is given best by applying egg masks. That is so because eggs have high protein content which is a basic ingredient for strength and growth.
- How to Use: Dampen your hair, then apply the egg mask. The mask is prepared by beating 2 eggs and making an even runny paste. Leave it for half an hour then wash off with shampoo.
Having a balanced diet is the prime rule for staying healthy and correcting any bodily imbalances at the source. The prolonged health problems, or in this case, hair problems often disturb you because you may not be consuming what’s most appropriate. For instance, hair requires fish, eggs, nuts, et cetera for growth and freshness. A diet lacking in proteins, fatty acids, omega 3s, and iron can deteriorate the look of your hair with a span of time. Hence, eat a well-balanced diet daily to solve all of your hair problems. The best thing about these home remedies for hair growth and thickness is that they are a harmless way of treating any physical issue, if used in the right amounts, it will surely leave you satisfied. Therefore, it is advisable that you do not neglect any hair loss or hair growth issues. Please address them as quickly as possible by picking the most feasible remedy for yourself, and performing it regularly.