Post 30 s, most women usually start to age much faster. They start to develop wrinkles. They start to easily gain weight. And the body starts to become weak. But then there are still those celebrities who still manage to stay gorgeous and fit at such age. Nothing, be it age, pregnancy or weight seems to affect them. One such celebrity is Shilpa Shetty. The actress remains as fit and beautiful as she was in her first film.
This beautiful lass has always stolen the hearts of millions of boys and been the envy of many women. Standing tall at 5.8 feet, the lady does not seem to a show any sign of a woman in her 30 s. She juggles numerous roles, from appearing on television to handling her baby. Now how does she make this possible?
Shilpa Shetty Fitness Yoga:
One might think that she might have poor eating habits or works out too much. The lady admits that she does not have a strict diet and does give into her food cravings. She loves to eat out at restaurant. However she knows where to draw her lines. But the truth is that she simply stays fit by doing her exercise and yoga. Her passion for fitness had also resulted in her launching her DVD on fitness.
Shilpa Shetty Yoga Asanas and Tips:
How is Yoga Beneficial?
- Yoga helps to relieve stress and fatigue.
- It has a lot of therapeutic benefits besides physical benefits.
- One of the easiest and best fitness regimes for people of any age group.
- It aids in improving the body posture and balance of a person.
- To lose weight with much ease, yoga is highly beneficial.
[Read: How Can One Begin to Practice Babaji Kriya Yoga]
Here Are a Few Shilpa Shetty Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss and Flat Belly:
1. Dhanurasana or The Bow Pose:
Dhanurasana is called the bow pose, because the person performing the pose is shaped like a bow, in this asana. The asana helps to stretch almost every part of the body, like, the chest, spine, shoulders, arms, calf muscles, etc. The abdominal organs are stimulated by doing this asana. The body balance and even the posture improve on doing this asana.
- Lie on your tummy on the floor, with your hands by your chest, palms facing downward.
- Bend your legs at your knees and try to reach your hands to the back so that you can grab your feet at the ankle.
- Now lift your legs up to the ceiling so that the thighs lift off the floor and your chest leaves the ground.
- Hold this position for a minute taking huge breaths and then return to original position.
2. Shilpa Yoga Virabhadrasana or The Warrior Pose:
The asana takes its name from the incarnation of Lord Shiva, called Virabhadra, who was a warrior. The asana improves balance and concentration. It helps to strengthen and tone the shoulders, arms, thighs, ankles and back muscles. This asana helps to improve the stamina of a person. It expands the chest, lungs and shoulders.
- Stand straight with your legs slightly apart.
- Turn your right leg out and bend them at 90 degree angle.
- Bring your arms in line with your shoulder level. Alternatively, you could join your palms together in a prayer position and lift your hands up to the ceiling.
- Hold this pose, breathing deeply and repeat the same with your left leg.
[Read: Swami Ramdev Baba Yogasana for Beginners]
3. Padahastasana or Hand under Foot Pose:
This asana is the eleventh posture of the twelve basic asanas of Hatha yoga. The asana is of therapeutic benefit for people with carpal tunnel syndrome. The shoulders and necks are relaxed by doing this asana. The hamstrings, back body and wrists are strengthened by doing this asana. It is great asana to calm the mind and relieve stress.
- Stand straight with your hands beside your body.
- Lift and stretch your hands up.
- Bend back a little and bend downwards from your waist, touching your toes with your fingers.
- Breathe deeply and return back to original position and relax.
4. Uttanpadasana or Leg Raised Pose:
The asana is also known as Raised Feet pose or dwipadasana, i.e., two feet pose. This asana helps to reduce weight in lower abdomen, thighs and hips. It also works the lower abs. It is best suited for women who have recently given birth and want to lose weight very quickly. The pose is also effective in boosting the functions of organs in the body like, heart, lungs, liver and pancreas
- Begin by lying down on your back.
- Lift your buttocks up lightly and place your hands underneath, palms facing down.
- Hold your legs at an angle above 30 degrees and stay in this pose for few seconds.
- Then increase the angle to 60 degrees, breathe for five seconds and finally at 90 degrees, holding it for 5 seconds. Then come back to original
5. Standing Side Stretch Pose:
The asana is opens up the sides of the body, i.e., the ribs and the intercostals muscles. The spinal column in realigned by doing this asana. The digestive tract is stimulated as the abdominal muscles and waist are stretched by doing this yoga.
- Stand straight with your hands beside your body and legs slightly apart.
- Lift your hands up and stretch them and bring them down.
- Raise your right hand and stretch it towards your right side from over your head, tilting your face in the direction of your hand.
- Now repeat the pose on the other side.
[Read: BKS Iyengar Yoga – Everything You Need to Know]
Now that you know some of the asanas that help Shilpa Shetty does to stay in her beautiful fit shape, go ahead and try them. For more details, you may also buy a copy of her DVD which has more asanas, with proper descriptions and do them simultaneously as she guides you through.