Sahaja Meditation Techniques
Sahaja Yoga is a unique form of meditation which is based on the experience called Self Realization or Kundalini awakening. This has been taught by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi who has worked all throught to transform lives. When you start Sahaja Meditation you soon realize that you are getting transformed and you are become a person with more integration, morality and focused. Sahaja meditation is simple if followed in the right technique.
Steps by Step Process of Sahaja Meditation:
1. Inside each of us we have a spiritual energy which loves us very much. It is like our own mother, teacher and guide. We will be dedicating our focus to that energy so that it lets us get connected with it.
[Read: How to Do Spiritual Meditation]
2. Take your shoes off and sit comfortable in a chair. Let your feet fall flat on the ground and place them separately without touching each other.
3. Put your left hand on your lap and face your palm up.
4. Put your right hand on the left side of your heart and start talking to your inner soul. Ask the energy, “Mother, am I the pure eternal spirit?” (name a deity you worship) Repeat it three times.
5. Take your right hand and put it one hand-width down. Level it with your solar-plexus but remain still on the left side of your chest. Then repeat this for three times, “Mother, am I my own Master?”
6. Now take your right hand and place it one hand-width down just above your hip. Now repeat this for 6 times, “Mother please give me Pure Knowledge.”
7. Move your right hand back up one hand-width, and say inside with full belief, “Mother, I am my own Master”. Repeat this for 10 times.
[Read: What is Third Eye Meditation and Its Benefits]
8. Now move your right hand back up one hand-width which would level your heart again. Now say this with full belief and repeat it 12 times, “Mother I am the Spirit!”
9. Turn your head to the right and take your right hand on the left side of your neck or shoulder and say, “Mother, I am guiltless”. Repeat it for 16 times.
10. Put your right hand on your forehead and keep the fingers together. Start squeezing your temples, if you fingers don’t reach, then try to squeeze as much as you can. Now be sincere and from your heart speak out, “Mother, I forgive everyone”. Repeat till you are satisfied. Think about the people who have wronged you and forgive each one of them.
11. Now most importantly ask for forgiveness from the divine power. You just need to ask and for that just take your right hand and put it on the back of your head. Tilt it back and ask from your heart, “Mother if I have done anything wrong, please forgive me”. Repeat till you are satisfied.
12. Take your right hand and now place the center of your palm on your head. Spread your fingers wide and face them backward so they are going down at the back of your head. Push it down with pressure and rotate clockwise. Now ask from the bottom of your heart, “Mother, please give me the connection to my true self and let me feel that within myself” or say “Mother, please give me Self –Realization”. Repeat this for 7 times.
13. Take your hands down and rest them on the lap with palm facing up. Close your eyes and sit for a few minutes in silence.
[Read: What is Vishvas Meditation and Its Benefits]
Benefits of Sahaja Meditation:
1. Improves health
2. Gets you away from addictions
3. Improves communication skills
4. Makes you focused and concentrate better
5. Relieves stress.