How To Reduce Face Fat Naturally: 15 Effective Tips And Exercises
Chubby cheeks and dimple chin might make you your teacher’s pet in childhood, but do not look good as adults. Excessive face fat not only is unhealthy but also makes you look older, way beyond your years. It can be extremely frustrating, especially for women, as certain accessories, garments, and makeup types might not suit you if you have excessive face fat.
The best way to prevent excess face fat is to maintain a healthy weight and exercise regularly. A healthy balanced diet and proper cardio exercise routine will go miles in enhancing your facial beauty and help you get rid of those bulging cheeks and double chin !! So, if your face looks slimmer and smarter, people will instantly notice the positive change and send compliments flowing your way.
Causes For Excessive Facial Fat:
- Genetic factors.
- Excess body weight.
- Stressful lifestyle.
- No or little exercise
- Unhealthy eating habits.
The Ten Best Strategies To Lose Face Fat :
Tired of the endless comments and jokes on your chubby cheeks and double chin? Would you like to get rid of the excess fat on your face fast and look youthful?
This article answers all your questions regarding how to reduce face fat naturally.
1. Consume A Balanced Diet:
Consuming a healthy balanced diet is vital for good health. A proper food regimen not only helps you lose weight but also keep you energized throughout the day. Consume your meals at the right time of the day to ensure proper digestion. If required, consult a dietician and prepare a healthy diet chart.
Include plenty of fresh fruits and leafy vegetables in your diet, at least 1-2 servings per day. Ensure that your meals contain all the food groups, fiber, carbs, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals in adequate quantities. A healthy diet ensures the maintenance of healthy body weight and prevents the accumulation of face fat. (1)
See Also: What To Eat For Lose Weight
2. Drink Plenty Of Water:
Keep yourself well hydrated throughout the day. If you drink a glass of water before meals, it makes you feel full and thereby reduces your overall calorie consumption. This might lead to gradual weight loss both overall and from the cheeks. Studies have shown that water consumption also leads to an increase in fat breakdown, thereby mobilizing excess fat deposits in the body, hence promoting fat loss. Drinking water is also known to increase the metabolic rate by 24%, thus increasing the calorie burnout. Make sure that you drink at least 8-12 glasses a day for positive results. (2)
3. Maintain A Regular Exercise Schedule:
The most effective way to reduce excess fat on the face is a regular exercise schedule. Daily workouts increase blood circulation and help to burn fat faster. Certain studies have shown that performing high-intensity cardio exercises have been proven to burn fat more quickly than other types of activities. Some of the typical cardio exercises are running, biking, and swimming. Hence, overall weight loss will lead to a slimming effect on the face. If you want to lose fat from the areas around the eyes specifically, then keeping the eyes closed, gently look up and down slowly. Repeat this exercise several times. You can lie flat on a bed raise your brows as high as possible, keeping the eyes open. Then bring them down to normal position. You can repeat this exercise ten times.
Following these exercise tips regularly will help you cut down your face fat quickly and enhance your beauty.
4. Get Adequate Sleep:
All work and less sleep make Jack a dull boy! If you are not getting enough sleep for various reasons, your body is likely to have a slower metabolic rate. It also leads to higher levels of cortisol, which causes a lot of side effects, including weight gain. Sleep affects certain hormones in the body which regulate hunger and satiety. Reduced sleep increases the hormone ghrelin and increases appetite while reducing the levels of leptin, which is the satiety hormone. Hence, the tendency to overeat increases, thereby increasing face fat too. Therefore, make sure you get your 7-8 hours of beauty sleep every day!! (3)
See Also: Side Effects Of Fat Burners
5. Chewing Gum:
It is one of the ways to keep working your jaw and your facial muscles to cut down facial fat. It does not give instant results but might give the face a slimmer appearance over long periods. But ensure that you do not get addicted to it. Chewing gum excessively may lead to serious dental problems. Make sure you eat a sugar-free variety to cut down face fat, for a limited period every day.
6. Decrease Your Consumption Of Fat And Processed Foods:
Processed foods and foods high in refined sugars are incredibly harmful to your health. They cause sharp hikes in blood sugar and cause you to overeat. Processed foods do not contain any essential nutrients or fiber and are high in empty calories. They might cause a drastic increase in weight if consumed regularly and excessively. Some of the examples of processed foods are readymade pasta, noodles, white sugar, bread, chocolate syrups, and jams, etc. Cut down on these harmful foods and notice a positive change in your body gradually.
7. Curb Your Salt And Sugar Intake :
Do you want to know how to reduce face fat fast? Avoid eating salt and sugar in excess. Increased salt intake leads to overall water retention in the body and causes puffiness in different parts of the body, including the cheeks and face prominently. Most snacks available readymade has a high salt and sodium content, hence prefer healthy homemade snacks like a handful of nuts or fresh fruits over the processed ones.
Sugar contains empty calories and does not have much nutritive value. Readymade juices and sweet snacks have high sugar content and are harmful to your health. Cut down on all sugary drinks and sodas if you want to lose that double chin fast (4)
See Also: Lose Weight Without Exercise
8. Reduce Your Alcohol Intake :
A lot of times, it has been observed that alcohol intake is associated with increased chances of dehydration, which in turn prompts the body to retain more water. It might lead to facial puffiness and make you look bloated. This is also a source of empty calories and leads to quick weight gain without adding any nutritional value. It is known to promote weight gain around the face too.
Research has also shown that alcohol suppresses satiety hormones, thereby increasing your chances of overeating and weight gain around the face. You should avoid drinking and smoking if you want to shed those extra pounds off your face. Smoking also increases ageing on the face, reducing your youthfulness overall. If you are struggling to lose that facial fat, better cut back on the alcohol to achieve faster results! (5)
9. Blow Balloons:
Balloons add colour to not only your birthday parties but also the strength to your facial muscles if you blow them up. Blowing balloons stretches and works out your facial muscles and is a proven technique to reduce face fat. The next you host a birthday party, make sure to blow up some extra balloons !!
10. Keep Smiling :
Smiling frequently is the easiest and the best workout you can give your facial muscles. It tones and strengthens the facial muscles and trims down cheek fat quite effectively. Plus, you have the added benefit of brightening up everyone’s day around you. So smile away !!
Face Exercises To Reduce Face And Cheek Fat:
Haven’t we all admired the sculpted and toned faces of our favorite celebrities? The first thing a person notices is the face, hence losing facial fat will make you look younger and more beautiful. Though it is challenging to lose weight from only a specific area of the body, once you incorporate a healthy diet and exercise regimen, shedding a few extra pounds will also make you lose fat from your cheeks. Research suggests that performing facial exercises may tone the facial muscles and reduce cheek fat.
The following exercises help in reducing fat from the face and slimming it for a sculpted look.
1. The Cheek Puff Exercise:
This exercise helps reduce wrinkles around your laugh lines and nose by toning the muscles.
- Puff your cheeks by taking a deep breath.
- Hold the air in there for 15 seconds.
- Push the air into your other cheek for the next 15 seconds, then again back. Free and repeat for 30 seconds.
2. The Gargle Exercise:
The gargle exercise is a simple yet potent trick to decrease facial flabbiness.
- Take a mouthful of warm water and gargle it around in your mouth for as long as possible.
- Repeat this process several times, approx a minute each time.
- Prefer doing this exercise before going to bed, several times to cut down on face fat.
See Also: Lose Weight Without Dieting
3. Simha Mudra:
facial yoga workout helps you stretch and support facial muscles, mould your cheekbones, reduce stress, and results in a slim and beautiful look to your face. The Simhamudrasana is a posture resembling that of a lion, hence the name. (6)
To Do This:
- Sit on your knees and cross your ankles beneath your seat.
- Press your palms on your knees and free your chest. Slowly extend your fingers and straighten your arms.
- Inhale slowly through your nose.
- Next, exhale forcefully through your mouth while making a sound ‘ha.’ While doing this, open your mouth wide and stick out your tongue as far out as possible.
- Inhale again while coming back to normal.
- Repeat this as many times as possible, for stress release as well as a slimming effect on your face.
4. The Rotating Tongue Exercise:
This exercise is an easy yet powerful exercise to reduce facial fat.
To Do This:
- Close your mouth and turn your tongue in circular motions in all directions.
- While rotating, make sure that you touch the outer surface of your upper and lower teeth.
- Do this 15 times in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- You can do this exercise as many times as you can for maximum results.
5. The Smiling Fish Exercise:
This is a beneficial facial work out to work and tone your cheeks. It decreases flabby fat in your cheeks and also strengthens your cheeks. This work out mainly targets the fat on your lower cheeks and around the chin.
How To Do This:
- Simply suck in your cheeks to form a fish face and then try smiling.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat for 10-15 times at a stretch to obtain the desired results.
6. The Face Workout Routine:
Here is an effective face workout routine that will allow you to lose that double chin. The routines as follows.
- Do four sets of blinking 15-20 times with 30 seconds rest between each set.
- Follow it up with a lip and nose stretch.
- Take a rest of about 30 seconds between the sets.
- The seated up and nodding down is also one of the most effective face stretch routines for getting rid of the double chin.
- Do four sets of the up and down nodding for at least 20 times with a break of not more than 60 seconds between the sets.
- This particular routine is said to be one of the best ways to get rid of the chin fat.
3. Eyebrow Raise:
- Do the eyebrow raise for getting rid of the fat in the upper portion of the face.
- This is one of the easiest and best techniques for reducing face fat.
- The outcome will depend on the duration of the exercise and the number of times you do it in a day.
- Do the eyebrow raises for three sets and 8-10-12 repetitions. That means you will do eight reps for the first, 10 for the second, and 12 for the last set with a break of 60-90 seconds in between the sets.
No matter what exercises you do for defining your face and losing that extra fat, you also must concentrate on a healthy diet, drinking adequate water, and having a proper sleep-wake schedule. All these help in improving your overall health and add a glow to your face while trimming down your face fat at the same time. Which of the above exercises benefited you the most? Do let us know !!
Disclaimer: The information on this website is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended to substitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult your doctor before starting any of the above exercises for reducing face fat.
1. Can I Lose Face Fat Fast Within A Week?
If you exercise regularly, consume a healthy diet, and cut down on calories along with specific facial exercises, it might be possible to reduce facial fat within a week. However, for effective permanent results, continue the above for more extended periods.
2. Do Facial Exercises Help In Losing Face Fat?
There is limited data available on the effectiveness of exercises for face fat. Studies do show that they might tone and strengthen facial muscles, leading to a slimmer appearance overall. Since there are no negative side-effects, no harm in trying, right?
3. How Much Cardio Should I Do To Lose Face Fat Effectively?
According to some studies, you should get around 2.5-5 hours of moderate and 1.25-2.5 hours of high-intensity cardio per week to lose a substantial amount of weight.