Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss: Everything You Need to Know
One of the potent ingredients that can be used for weight loss is cayenne pepper. But did you know that using cayenne pepper for weight loss can be an effective way? Yes! It helps burn all the extra fat in your body and make you look fab without extra flab.
Read on to know more about the scientific research behind the weightloss properties of cayenne pepper and how you can incorporate it into your diet.
Is Cayenne Pepper Good for Weight Loss
Benefits of Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss
How to Use Cayenne Pepper to Lose Weight
Side Effects of Using Cayenne Pepper Pills
Is Cayenne Pepper Good for Weight Loss?
The spice in cayenne pepper comes from an active ingredient called capsaicin. The hotter the pepper, the more capsaicin it contains (1).
In addition to the medicinal properties, the spice increases antioxidant enzymes’ levels and decreases pro-inflammatory protein expression, resulting in weight loss (2).
The temperature of your body rises once you eat this spicy pepper. Your body goes into cooldown mode, making you burn calories. According to a study, taking cayenne pepper capsules had better weight loss results in people who don’t like spicy food (3).
Benefits of Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss:
1. Decreases Appetite:
Capsaicin is a thermogenic chemical (4), which is an active ingredient found in cayenne pepper. People who added cayenne pepper into their daily diet tend to have fewer cravings, according to a study conducted in 2014 (5). It also increases the feeling of fullness resulting in weight loss.
2. Increases Metabolism:
The speed at which food and beverages convert into energy depends upon the metabolic rate of your body. A study conducted on women that consume cayenne pepper showed an increase in the metabolic rate for up to 30 minutes. When the metabolism increases, your body converts the nutrients into energy rather than storing it as fat (6)(7).
3. Improves Digestion:
Including dietary spices like cayenne pepper into your diet boost the defense of your stomach against any infections. It also aids in digestion by increasing digestive fluid production, thereby delivering the enzymes to the stomach (8). It also stimulates the nerves in your stomach, protecting your stomach from any form of injury.
4. Easy to Include in Your Diet:
It is straightforward to include cayenne pepper into your diet as it comes in various forms, such as supplements, spice, or as a whole. You can sprinkle some cayenne pepper spice onto your fries, eggs and add slices of cayenne pepper to your salads. Make sure you do a small taste test before you include cayenne pepper into your diet to know if you can tolerate the spice.
See More: Is Cayenne Pepper Safe During Pregnancy
How to Use Cayenne Pepper to Lose Weight:
- One cup of hot water.
- ¼ spoonful ground cayenne pepper.
- One spoonful of fresh lemon juice.
- Boil a cup of water and add the cayenne pepper powder.
- Brew the contents well and keep stirring it until the pepper dissolves completely.
- Switch the stove off and let the contents steep well for a few minutes.
- Add a spoonful of fresh lemon juice to the mixture.
- Mix the contents well before sipping this tea.
2. Cayenne Pepper Extracts with Green Tea:
- Two cups of boiling water.
- Two to three spoonfuls of fresh lemon juice.
- One spoonful of green tea leaves.
- One pinch of cayenne pepper powder.
- Honey, according to taste.
- Boil the two cups of water.
- Add the green tea leaves and cayenne pepper powder to the water.
- Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the leaves, add honey and lemon.
- Mix the contents well and drink it warm.
See More: How Green Tea Helps to Lose Weight
3. Cayenne Pepper, Lemon Juice, and Maple Syrup:
- One cup of water.
- Two spoonfuls of fresh lemon juice.
- Two spoonfuls of maple syrup.
- A pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Take a cup of water and add all the ingredients to it.
- Mix the contents thoroughly before drinking.
4. Cayenne Pepper Tablets:
There are cayenne pepper capsules for weight loss available online that provide many other benefits health-wise. Cayenne pepper pills for weight loss are readily available in any local pharmacy.
Side Effects of Using Cayenne Pepper Pills:
Although cayenne pepper can be beneficial for weight loss, it may cause some health concerns when taken in excess. Some of the side effects are:
- It may irritate the skin, eyes, stomach, throat, and nose in some people.
- Application on broken skin may cause a burning sensation.
- It may not be suitable for pregnant women as it may cause a burning sensation.
- Higher concentrations of cayenne pepper may cause transient high blood pressure.
- Make sure to keep kids below two years away from cayenne pepper.
- It may cause liver or kidney damage if taken in excess.
- Avoid using cayenne pepper for at least two weeks if you have undergone any surgery as capsaicin may increase bleeding.
With all the information about cayenne pepper for weight loss at your disposal, make a change to include this miracle ingredient into your diet. A word of advice: make sure you sip the cayenne pepper weight loss drink slowly so that it doesn’t burn your throat. Don’t forget to let us know how this ingredient has helped you.
See More: Health Benefits of Capsicum
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article are mere suggestions and not a replacement for medical advice. Consult your doctor before including anything new into your diet. The website is not responsible for the side effects it may have on your body.
1. Who Should Avoid Using Cayenne Pepper?
Ans: Although there are several advantages of using cayenne pepper for weight loss, it may not be suitable for people that have the following health conditions:
- If you have ulcers or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Intestinal surgery.
- If you are suffering from hypertension.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
2. What is the Recommended Dosage of Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss?
Ans: Here is the list of the ways you can consume cayenne pepper for weight loss:
- Two capsules of cayenne pepper per day.
- One or two spoonfuls of cayenne pepper powder per day.
- Two to three cayenne pepper pods per day.
3. What are the Precautions to be Taken Before You Use Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss?
Ans: You can use cayenne pepper for weight loss by following some precautions.
- Make sure you consume only the recommended dosage and don’t exceed the limit.
- Consult your doctor before including cayenne pepper in your diet, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions.
- If you start feeling any discomfort, stop using it immediately.