How To Make Bangles – 3 Easy Ways
Bangles are synonymous with Indian and most south Asian women as it is part of the culture and ornamentation. Bangles are rigid and not loosely hanging like bracelets, usually made of metals like gold, silver, glass, plastic, wood, threads, etc. Bangles are worn daily by women in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc. A new bride at her wedding has a set of customary bangles to be worn according to tradition.
They have traditional values according to Hinduism, and a married woman has to wear bangles and can’t be bare-armed, which is considered inauspicious. Young girls also wear bangles; teenagers and gold or silver bangles are preferred for toddlers.
So as we have to see how to make bangles, we will look into making ones that are not very common but very unique. These are DIY projects which can be done easily at home too. Showing one’s creative side is what gets reflected in this bangles-making art.
How to Make Bangles at Home:
The amazing art of upcycling used bangles and making them into new ones entirely with materials easily found at home is one of the excellent ways to flaunt one’s creative side.
See More: Handmade Bangles Making
Here we will look into the top three ways to make your bangles.
1. Making Paper Bangles:
Paper bangles are so very these days, with everyone flaunting paper jewellery. Paper-made jhumkas, bangles, and bracelets are lovely in awesome colours to match every outfit. These are extremely lightweight but, at the same time, amazingly elegant when worn. Wearing anything handmade gives a different look, and one feels good while wearing it, as we are the creators of the same. Transform a bangle within minutes with this process to upcycle and nail that paper bangle.
The Things We Require for This Are:
- Used bangles or metal bangle frames
- 5mm quilling paper in different colours as per requirement
- Quilling pin
- Fevicryl 3D outliners
- Beads, stones etc., for decoration
Now We will Check The Process of Making The Paper Bangle:
- Take the 5mm quilling paper and quill it normally with the pin to make a round bead.
- Finish the quilled bead by sticking the end with Fevicol or glue.
- Make as many beads as required and allow them to dry for some time.
- Take the bangle frame and start sticking the quilled beads with the help of glue firmly.
- Stick all the quilled beads on the bangle frame.
- Allow the bangle to dry.
- Using Fevicryl 3D outliners, make small dots on top of the quilled beads for a nice contrast effect and highlight.
- Alternatively, one can use beads or stones also to complete the bangle beautifully.
2. Making Bangles From Fabric:
Making bangles from fabric is one way of upcycling bangles which might have been rarely used or not used frequently. We have a lot of clothes lying unused in our homes. Why not put them to use and get creative? Doing this art will give an entirely new look to the bangles.
The Things Required to Make These Fabric Bangles Are:
- Simple bangles
- Different printed cotton fabrics about 20-22 centimetres in size
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric glue
- Iron and Ironing board
Now We will Have a Look into The Process:
- First, we have to cut the fabric into a strip.
- Next, we have to iron the fabric with the clean side and stitch the downside to remove any creases and smoothen the fabric.
- Apply glue to one end of the fabric.
- Take the old bangle and stick the glued end of the fabric to it.
- Start rolling the fabric over the bangle keeping the glued end firmly sticking to keep the fabric in place.
- Roll till the end, and then stick the fabric to the bangle until done.
- Secure it with fabric glue and allow it to dry for some time.
- The fabric bangles are done.
3. Making Designer Bangles:
Anything designer catches our eyes, and we wish we had the same. The case in bangles is no different. Making these designer bangles is easy and can give the bangle wardrobe a new makeover in some time.
See More: How To Make Silk Thread Bangles At Home
We will Have a Look into The Things Required to Make These Designer Bangles:
- Used metal bangles
- Embroidery threads in various colours
- Glass beads
- Designer lace or ribbons
- Other decorative items, if need be
Now We will Check The Method As to How to Make These Designer Bangles:
- Secure four to five metal bangles by sticking tape on two sides securely. This will give the required thickness to the new bangle.
- Cut the embroidery thread with scissors.
- Put glue to the bottom of the bangle on the place where secured with tape.
- Now put the thread on top of it.
- Stick the embroidery thread and roll it along the bangle until a particular length.
- Insert glass beads in contrasting colours and again roll the thread. Securely the glass bead is tied in the centre of the bangle.
- Again roll over the thread for the same length and insert a bead.
- Continue this process till the whole bangle gets completed.
- Cut off extra threads, if any and finish the bangle.
- Alternatively, lace or ribbons can be used similarly instead of thread.
See More: How To Do Thread Bangles
The most beautiful accessory in the hands of a woman is bangles. One can experiment with stylish bangles and wear them according to the occasion. The three unique and interesting ways to make bangles mentioned here are worth trying. This simple creativity will give a whole new dimension to the used, old bangles. The same bangles can be reused and remade differently with slight variations and new techniques. Let the creator in you be explored, and let the imagination run high!