How To Treat Pimples on Tongue?
Pimples on the tongue or acne on the tongue are sometimes due to reaction from certain food items, or ingestion of toxic chemicals or other allergies. There can be tongue pimples, which can be very painful. A person has difficulty in chewing food and also in swallowing them. This often gets red and swollen and can be very discomforting.
The question arises, what causes pimples on your tongue? Minor infections are not very uncommon, however, inflammation or painful bumps on the tongue are caused by injury, or a bite, or a reaction to food. Canker sores are another form of painful bumps formed inside of the mouth that are caused by vitamin deficiencies, spicy food stress, etc.
These bumps are also known as TLP (Transient lingual papillitis). These are caused by local reaction to trauma like scratching, biting and scraping. Other causes can be allergic reaction to foods or deficiencies. Other causes for viral infections, STDs, Canker sores, Oral cancer and other oral infections and diseases.Stress, poor oral hygiene, clogged skin on the tongue cause the swelling and the bumps.
As we all know, prevention is the best remedy and it is applicable to dental hygiene as well. If you’re already experiencing pain or discomfort with these pimples, you might ask, how to get rid of pimples on tongue quickly? Your search ends here. In this article, we have put together some of the effective remedies to get rid of these painful bumps.
How To Treat Pimples On Tongue:
Following are a few home remedies for pimples on the tongue.
1. Min Leaves Wash:
This is very good for treating pimples on the tongue which are very painful.
- Mint leaves can be crushed and then this can be gurgled and kept without swallowing this. (This is not harmful if swallowed but this should be kept over the swelling covering the painful bumps.)
- This should be kept for about 15 minutes and you can use cold iced water for this.
This relieves the pain but this is not very useful for treating these.
2. Turmeric Paste:
This can be used from the kitchen. Almost all types of dishes in this country are made with turmeric therefore; this is a very commonly found ingredient in our household. This is also very natural. However, the effectiveness of this depends on the quality of the powder. This should be of good quality for better effectiveness.
- Make a paste with turmeric.
- Then apply on the painful area. This should not be ingested.
- Try to keep this for about 15 minutes without swallowing any water.
- Rinse with water.
It is one of the perfect treatments of turmeric paste for pimple in tongue.
See More: Pimple In The Ear
3. Turmeric and Baking Soda:
Both these ingredients can be helpful.
- Mix ½ teaspoon ratio of turmeric and baking soda and then made into a paste with water.
- This can be applied on the swelling inside the mouth in the same process as mentioned earlier.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing.
Don’t eat or drink anything for the next few minutes. It is a good remedy for pimples on tongue.
4. Aloe Vera Juice:
Rinse your mouth with aloe vera juice, which contains anti fungal and anti bacterial properties. This is also an astringent and therefore can help soothe the swelling. This can be quite good and also decreases the pain in a couple of minutes.
- Extract the gel of the plant of the juice inside.
- Put in on the swelling or the inflamed part of your mouth.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
It is not advisable that food or after should be ingested for at least 20 minutes after that. This is one of the best home remedies for pimples on tongue.
5. Turmeric and Honey:
This is for those people who do not like the flavor of turmeric with baking soda or only turmeric. Honey also contains anti fungal properties and can be easily used. However this should not be swallowed and should be kept over the bump.
- Mix turmeric with honey.
- Apply it over the bump.
- Leave this on for about 6 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
However, it is advisable to not drink water for 20 more minutes after this.
See More: How To Get Rid Of Chest Acne
6. Cayenne Pepper:
This is present in many mouth soothing candies. This has soothing properties due to the presence aesthetic capsaicin. This can be used over the redness area to help ease out the nerves. This will help relieve the pain instantly and then a person can get relieved.
- Apply cayenne pepper on the bump.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then this will make the nerves relax.
- This can also be used with honey. Honey can act with its microbial properties.
7. Sage Leaves:
- Make a paste after boiling these leaves for a few minutes.
- Apply this on the bump and this can help soothe the swelling.
- Nothing should be eaten or swallowed for about 20 minutes after this.
See More: Pimples On Lips
This is the best remedy for pimples on the tongue.
These pimples or bumps are not threatening in any way, but you can do a lot of things to keep it under control. Try gargling with salt water, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, a good oral health hygiene is extremely important and take supplements to counter the impact of these pimples. Avoid fatty, acidic and allergy causing foods. Alternatively, you could try sucking on an ice cube for temporary relief, as it tends to numb the pain. Finally, as tempting as it might be, don’t pop these pimples at any cost; you might risk the spread of bacteria inside your mouth.
Stay happy and healthy!