Hello, friends of Beauty & Fashion Blog! It’s time to learn more about beauty tricks: This week you’ll meet the best makeup brushes. If you want to know everything regarding the different types, uses and brands do not hesitate to continue reading. These are the points that you can not miss:
Types of makeup brushes: What is each one for?
The 10 essential brushes in your toiletry bag
The best brands and sets of makeup brushes
If you are passionate about makeup, you can not miss this post. We start!
Types of makeup brushes: what is each one for?
There is no good makeup without good brushes. It is evident the importance that these products have in our beauty routine. Any professional or makeup buff knows that it is essential to use quality and specific brushes for each area. They are your most precious tools, of which you see every detail, possibility or trick.
If you are not from this group of people, do not worry, here I have the perfect solution for you. I am going to talk to you about all the possibilities offered by the world of brushes. There is a huge variety, so I am going to divide it into several parts. Each one has a specific function, serves a type of product or provides a certain finish. This is the exciting world of makeup brushes.
We start with the basics. We will find brushes with two types of hair: natural and synthetic. The fluid makeups are usually applied with brushes synthetic hair (because they are more resistant) and natural hair brushes are used for products in powder. Anyway, we can find cheap brushes only synthetic hair that mimic the natural hair very well, although it is convenient to have both types in your set of brushes.
We bring you various types of brushes according to their characteristics:
According to the haircut: Within this type, there are several models, with different endings, for each part of the face.
Flat cutting: They are used mainly to apply powders and bases throughout the face, both fluid and compact. A uniform and natural finish are achieved because they trap the product well and distribute it equally.
Rounded cut: Allow a certain precision when applying makeup and catch less than flat cut. They serve to use all kinds of powder on the face.
In tip: They allow to catch less product and to apply it of more precise form. They are ideal for applying correctors and contours.
Beveled cut: The diagonal cut adapts to the peculiar shapes of our face. It is used to cover areas that are flat to us, such as the cheekbones.
For the length of the hair: It is another option to distinguish the brushes. Those that have short and dense hair catch more amount of product than those with long hair, which allow to diffuse better and provide greater freedom of movement.
For the size of the brush: Large brushes are usually indicated for the widest areas of the face (makeup bases and powders), while small ones are for eyes, nose or mouth contour. The medians serve to apply with greater precision in intermediate areas (blusher, concealer or contour).
Now that you know what each type of brush is for, it is time to find out what cannot be missing in your bag. When looking for your brush kit you will find several options from professional belts to the most basic brush blankets, but if you do not want to ruin yourself, you can use the same brush for various uses. Keep reading!
The 10 essential brushes in your toiletry bag
There are many types of brushes, and the professionals know it very well. But if you are not an expert in makeup, it is not necessary to have a wide range of brushes. The idea is to have several that can be used in different parts of the face. For this, I bring you a selection of the 10 brushes that cannot be missing in your toiletry bag.
1. Kabuki brush: There are different types, but they all have something in common: a head with thick hair, which works with both powder and fluid products. It is the most useful face brush because it is used to apply almost any facial product (foundation, contour, powder, rouge, and illuminators). The traditional one is the small one, the one that is carried in the bag, but nowadays they have evolved, and they are designed with different shapes. If you prefer, you can use a skunk brush, which combines synthetic hair with natural hair and gives a light finish.
2. Brush contour: You cannot miss in your makeup set a contour brush that allows you to shape the face. It can be used with both powdered products and with fluid makeup. There are beveled, with pointed heads, rounded and even with the flat ferrule. When choosing yours, you should consider what type of contour you use, if it is in powder look for a natural and manageable (beveled) hair; if it is fluid, better a brush of artificial hair, shorter and flat to melt the product well.
3. Corrector brush:They are medium size, with a flat and compact tip, ideal for applying fluid or cream correctors. It is fit to have at least one small size for dark circles, although if you want to correct other areas of the face, you will find a medium-sized corrective brush more appropriate.
4. Powder brush for the face:To seal the finish of your makeup base and avoid glare, you will need to apply a translucent powder with a brush that covers wide areas of the face. This same brush will serve to apply bronzing powders in summer and, in general, all kinds of powder makeup. They usually have a large, rounded head, with long, loose hair to comfortably handle powdered products.
5. Blusher brush: Although you may be attracted to use the powder brush to apply the blush, it is not advisable, since the size and precision they offer have nothing to do with it. It is advisable to have a blush brush of medium or large size, beveled or rounded and with long and soft hair to diffuse the powder well. It is also suitable for illuminating the face.
6. Brush for eyeshadow: It is undoubtedly one of the basics in the bag, so do not hesitate to have more than one, to combine different shades. The most effective for shadows in powder are those of natural hair, short and thick head, able to catch more quantity.
7. Eyes brush to blur: There is no good eye finish without this type of brush. With soft head, long hair and very handy, are ideal for smoked and transitions. They are used drawing small, agile circles on the areas to be mixed until we achieve the desired finish. Also, they will serve to apply the product in the eye socket comfortably.
8. Beveled eye brush:There are two types: those with short, firm pe and a very sharp angular cut, to apply ‘eyeliner’ in a very defined way, and those with longer, softer and more flexible hair, with more rounded edges, for work shadows and illuminate under the arch of the eyebrow or in the lacrimal.
9. Lip brush: If you want to apply your lipstick with precision, it is best to do it with a lip brush. They have a small, rounded tip, with a slightly flexible and flat head. Beware of confusing them with eyeliner brushes, which may look similar at first glance!
10. ‘Toothbrush’ brush:They are characterized because their design resembles that of a toothbrush. Thanks to its thick bristle with soft bristles, they provide an airbrush finish that stays very natural on the skin. You can find this type of brush for almost any area of the face. You can start using it and check your results with a face brush (the largest ones), which you can try with your makeup base.
These are the airbrush makeup kit that cannot be missing in your makeup bag. With all this variety you will get a defined face and perfect finishes. Now it’s time to get to know a small list of the best brands of brushes. We continue!
The best brands and sets of makeup brushes
Once you know all the types of brushes that exist and what each one serves, it’s time to open the portfolio. That’s why I made a small selection of brushes for the whole face. These are the brands that I like the most!
Brush for base and concealer, Makeup Revolution: It is a brush specifically designed for bases in cream or liquid, and its fine filaments are responsible for the perfection of distributing the makeup evenly, allowing you a perfect finish.
Face Brush Expert Face Brush, Real Techniques: Its oval tip and firm bristles facilitate the application of liquid or compact makeup bases achieving a great coverage with uniformity and very natural.
Large brush for powders, from LA Girl: Its flat and dense design makes it ideal for applying powdered products. It is designed with soft, high-quality synthetic hair. It is cruelty-free and vegan-friendly.
Soft brush for rouge, by Real Techniques: Its oval shape and incredibly soft and loose bristles allow the blusher to be applied perfectly. They are light, and they have the weight distributed in a balanced way to achieve greater control and comfort during use.
Fan Brush Fancee Me, by Urban Beauty United: Join the fan club thanks to this brush, with which you can correct all the errors while removing any excess. Also, I love your color!
Angled Kabuki brush, by Ecotools: This brush is ideal for sculpting and creating contours. As I explained before, thanks to its multifunctionality, you can apply bronzing powder on the face, neck, neckline or shoulders, getting a super soft touch.
Lip brush: Its elongated figure and thin tip allow the lips to be perfectly shaped and quickly filled with color, avoiding stains.
Diffuser brush for eyes: If you like to shade your eyes and get different styles, you will need a good brush to blur shadows. Essence proposes you to use the Eye Blender Blush Brush. The qualities of this brush are very delicate, extremely soft and long hair. I love your design!
Shadow brush: You have crossed with a good, pretty and cheap one. It has a wide and oval tip, its hair is soft, and it is suitable for both powder and thick textures. Magnificent to blur between colors and get intense looks.
Foundation oval brush: If you want to surrender to the ‘toothbrush’ style, this brush is ideal for blurring to the absolute perfection, which will give your skin some spectacular tones. It serves both for makeup base and for bronzers, compact powders, matting or fixative, which provides it with different application possibilities. Also, it will make your skin shine and shine unblemished.
Set of brushes for face, of Real Techniques: Creating a perfect makeup is possible thanks to this set of brushes, with a brush for contouring, one for details, one for polishing and a square base, perfect for liquid bases. Also, it is presented in a practical box.
Set Crochet blanket of 16 brushes: If you want to have as many brushes as possible for all parts of the face, the Crochet Set of 16 Brushes will love you. It is made up of professional brushes in a bag format with crocodile skin. One of the characteristic properties of these brushes and one of the causes that has so much quality are their soft Taklon fibers.
This is my selection of makeup brushes. You see, there are all kinds, and also some sets of brushes, which are cheaper if you want to buy several. There are of all types, prices, and sizes, and without a doubt, it is a fascinating world to explore.