9 Best Winter Bridal Makeup Tips
I love the idea of winter weddings, the use of vibrant colors and breeze in the air but winter weddings has its drawbacks. During winters our skin gets chapped and dry, this is the reason winter bridal makeup is regarded as a bit complicated. All this shouldn’t stop you from looking smoking hot in your wedding; after all it’s the day you dream about…right?
To look perfect during your wedding you need to keep some factors in mind and today I am going to share some guidelines that will work like a charm.
Moisturize and Exfoliate: Dry winter dries our skin easily which can lead to redness, dullness and to avoid such situation it is important to take preventions. Start moisturizing and exfoliating your skin regularly in the weeks leading up to wedding as this will enhance your complexion. After all, you do not want to put makeup on dry and flaky skin, right? The better your skin the better makeup will look.
Right Base Makeup: Since our skin dries during winter it is really important to choose based makeup according to the temperature. Use hydrating primer as this helps in preventing dry and flaky skin; it makes skin silky smooth and foundation glides easily after using primer. When I talk about foundation, I mean winter foundation…. Yes, you need to switch up base makeup according to weather. Go for silicone based foundations as they are easy to work especially in winters and select powder foundations as liquid foundations don’t work well in cold weather.
See More: How To Apply Mascara On Eyes
Lips: You don’t want to have chapped lips during the D-DAY right? So, choose lipstick which contains beeswax instead of Vaseline as beeswax will keep your lips hydrated and moisturized. Choose a bright shade lipstick whether it is bright red or bright coral as they look good during wedding and choose a long lasting shade. To make your lipstick last longer use a LIPLINER, Yes. Even if you don’t like wearing it, do use lip liner as it will be a life saver.
• Apply lip primer or use foundation to even out lips
• Now, line your lips with the help of lip liner matching your lipstick shade
• Apply lipstick and dab excess lipstick with the help of tissue
• Reapply lipstick and your lipstick will last the entire day
Eye Makeup: Choose eyeliner and mascara that are waterproof and smudge proof because you will shed tears during the “Bidaai” and you do not want to look like someone punched you. Use brown eye liner for waterline if you’re medium to dusky tone and if you have small eyes then use white eyeliner to make them appear bigger. You can also go for dark navy blue mascara to give bigger eyes effect, don’t wear brown mascara as it will make you look ill or tired. Avoid eye shadows that contain Vaseline in as they are not recommended for cold weathers instead use powder Eyeshadow.
Blush: Wedding doesn’t mean rosy cheeks, go for natural shade blushes. To know your natural shade pinch your cheeks until you see some color and this is your natural shade. Avoid cream blushes during winter and go for mousse as they will not dry your skin.
Some Quick Tips:
- Don’t overheat your cold room as it will worsen your dry skin problem. I know you want heat during winters but for that you need to find the right temperature for your room and your skin.
- Moisturize moisturize and moisturize. Apply lotions and creams on slightly wet skin as it will absorb it easily.
- Use alcohol-free products during winter as products that are alcohol based tend to take away skin moisture.
- Drink lots and lots of water, in winters we don’t feel like drinking water but this dehydrates our skin which can look dull.
Keep smiling and follow the tips and you’ll rock your D-Day.