Lehengas are the new trend now. They are exotic and super stylish with modern vibes, but did you ever think about how to best style them? Here is the hairstyle for lehenga. It is just not about decking up and getting ready with lehengas but also working on styling for hair as it can break or make the look. You can read this guide on a hairstyle with lehengas choli to know more on how best to work on different styles suitable to different personalities and women of age groups. They are quite versatile and will emphasise on making one look super sexy and hot. Continue reading this guide to know more of exotic and edgy sleek looks to style for hair with lehengas and choli. They are all unique and modern now.
20 Trending Hairstyles for Lehenga Dress:
Here are the 20 most popular and best hairstyles for lehenga. These are trendy, stylish and unique. It will easily make you stand out in a crowd and will leave you looking super fashionable.
1. Modern Braided Hairstyle:
While Indian hairstyles have various looks and numerous possibilities, we particularly love the glammed-up fashionista style with ethnic wear. What better than this sleek modern braided long hairstyle for women? Pairing these simple and easy hairstyles is perfect with lehenga, enhancing the appearance and bringing on the edgy, vibrant style. Check it out! You can wear this on festive or special occasions, and it gives heads turn to everyone around you!
2. Semi Braided Loose Hair:
This Sara Ali Khan’s hairstyle is another favourite, particularly a perfect choice for bridal hairstyles. This suits the lehenga outfit immensely and performs to look contemporary yet classic and timeless. You can wear this during pre-wedding festivities with minimal yet stunning accessories to complete the look. What do you think?
3. Braided Bun Style with Lehenga:
This is a common and most sought after lehenga hairstyle for oval faces. This is quite feminine and wanted to look given the way it is very girly and stylish. This trendy style is not very difficult to achieve. All you need to do is braid hair well from both sides and make it into a bun at the end. If you are wearing heavy lehenga choli, then this simple yet very magnificent hairstyle is the best fit for you. Try it out yourself, and you will surely love it.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for women in their late 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try out this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for wedding events like sangeet.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with oval face shapes can try this one with any hair type.
4. Loose Hairstyle with Lehenga:
This hairstyle on lehenga for short hair to medium hair is super simple yet very sexy and exotic. This sleek look is nothing but just brushing hair well with a side parting or middle parting and leaving it out nicely. This simple look is mostly preferred by a woman who loves to have a simple hairdo for themselves and do not want to invest much time in getting ready. Try it out, and it can be your go-to style as well if you have a heavy bright lehenga.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s can best try this style.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this in winter and monsoons only.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can wear this style for wedding receptions.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face shape and straight hair can try this one out.
Read: Headband Hairstyles
5. Bun Hairstyle with Lehenga:
If you want more of an ethnic styling to try out, then this reception hairstyle for lehenga is good to go. This looks super magnificent, edgy and stylish. This is quite elegant further and gives a very ethnic and Indian vibe to it easily. Try it out if you prefer not to look glamorous but rather want to look classic, vintage and elegant. You would surely love how it will turn out easily. You can add flowers of your choice to this style.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for reception or festive events.
- Ideal Age Group: Those women in their late 20s are the best fit here.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face and hair type can easily try this one out.
6. Simple and Short Hairstyle with Lehenga:
If you rather prefer a simple short hairstyle for lehenga, go with this style. Further, if you are fond of shorter hair than longer and like comfortable looks try this style out. This is super unique and stylish right now and preferred by women who love short length hair. Further, this is vintage style and gives a classic, edgy, sleek look. Try this style out, and you will surely love the way it comes out. Wear it with a heavy lehenga to look good.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their 20s.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this hairstyle for wedding occasions.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is an excellent time to try this style out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with oval and round faces with any hair can try this one.
Read: Hairstyles On Sarees for Ladies
7. Wavy Simple Open Hairstyle with Lehenga:
This hairstyle on lehenga for long hair is among our top favourites. This is a simple yet quite classic and edgy style. Bright coloured lehenga with simple work is best for this kind of long hairstyle. Further, if you have wavy hair and curly hair, this can add to the elegance and enhancement of beauty here. Try this one out if you would love to style yourself in a simple way yet in a very classic and sleek manner.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is good for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for college events or gatherings.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for younger age groups in their 20s.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with an oval faces and wavy hair are the best fit here.
8. Bun Hairstyle for Lehenga:
This hairstyle is one of the best bridal hairstyles for lehenga look. This is for those who want to have a royal and elegant look. Women who want to accessorise more on themselves and want to keep their hair simple can try this look. If you wear a heavy lehenga or heavy accessories, this can be the best fit for you. This is a simple yet quite elegant bun to try out. Pair it with good heavy earrings and necklaces to add to the beauty and style.
- Best Season to Try: Summer and monsoons are the best fit here.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this hairstyle for women in their early 30s.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this hairstyle for fancy and grand-scale parties.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face and hair type can try this style out.
9. Flower Rolled Hairstyle for Lehenga:
This hairdo with lehenga is itself the actress Sonam Kapoor’s wedding festivities style. The celebrity actress got ready in this style for her sangeet and Mehendi ceremony. If you want something fancy and ethnic which goes with Indian style, then this can be the best option for you. Try it out if you have a major heavy lehenga which is designer wear. This can go well in these kinds of styles.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go with this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for women in the 30s age group.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can wear this for their own wedding festivities to look great.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Wear this style for oval and diamond faces and wavy hair.
Read: Best Bridal Lehenga Choli Designs
10. Simple Loose Ponytail Style:
This ponytail hairstyle on lehenga for a wedding can be classic and edgy Indian wear if you are someone who loves simple looks and has a good handloom fabric lehenga go with this style. This is quite a simple style. All you need to do is to wear a loose ponytail and leave it out. Further, try this one if you have long hair length. This is going to make you stand apart in a crowd as a woman of elegance and class.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for weddings only.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoons are a good time here to try.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their late 30s to look radiant.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face shape and long hair can try this style out.
11. Open Hair Hairstyle with Lehenga:
This open hairstyle on lehenga is another favourite for us. This style is one of the simple hairstyles for girls. All you need is a good classic colour nude lehenga and wear it with loose hair to look elegant and stylish. This will give you an edgy look. Further, if you have nude coloured or earth-coloured tones lehenga then this can add further look and elegance to it. Try it out and brush hair well along with blow-drying hair to get this lookout.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good time to try out this one.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their early 20s can try this best style out.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can wear this style for family functions or fancy night parties.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with diamond and oval faces with wavy hair can try this one out.
12. Flower Roll Hairdo with Lehenga:
Well, here we come with traditional Indian hairstyles for lehenga. Women who want an elegant and classy look can try this stylish lookout. This is curly hair rolled around from both sides near the crown and flowers are decorated to enhance the beauty. You can add further hair accessories if you wish so as to look elegant and stylish. This is among the easiest and go-to styles for several women; however, this will never go out of fashion as it is quite trendy and edgy.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are around late 20s age.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this one in winter and monsoon time.
- Perfect Hair and Face Type: Those with oval and diamond faces with curly hair can try this one.
- Suitable Occasion: This is a good option to go to for wedding festivities if you have your friend’s wedding.
Read: Mesmerizing Lehenga Saree Designs
13. Loose Simple Hair with Lehenga:
This style is not quite casual, but yet very different from the latest hairstyles for lehenga. If you have good wavy hair and want a kind of vintage look, then there is nothing which can beat this kind of classic and edgy style. Seen here in the picture is actress Sonam Kapoor wearing a nice Indian handloom work lehenga. This ethnic lehenga which has bright work on it can go really well with this kind of hairstyle. Try it out, and you would love this result.
- Ideal Age Group: It can be worn by women in their late 20s.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this for festival seasons or ethnic dances.
- Best Season to Try: Summer and monsoons are the best to try this style out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Those with wavy hair and oval or diamond face can try this one out.
14. Cute Side Braided Hairdo for Lehenga:
This is among bridal hairstyles for lehenga choli. Seen here is actress Parineeti Chopra flaunting a bright designer ash colour lehenga. This has intrinsic and detailed work on it that looks absolutely gorgeous and marvellous. Try it out if you want to look feminine and stylish at the same time. This is amazing to look at in the end. Hair is rolled on one side and pinned up further, and another side is left open.
- Ideal Age Group: Suits women in their 20s only.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is totally good to go with this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Those who want to attend weddings or sangeet nights can wear this style.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face shape and straight hair can try this one out.
Read: Hairstyle On Pattu Saree
15. Side Braid for Short Hair:
Here is another hairstyle for lehenga short hair. This style is unique and not known to many. Here we see hair being braided by taking extra strands every time and elastic is used at ends to secure this. For normal and simple occasions to look good and stylish, this can be a good choice for you to try out. You will surely love the innovative way of braiding the hair here, which can look sleek and elegant.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is good to work on this style well.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their 30s and 40s.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for festivals and similar occasions.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Those with a round face and any hair type can try this style.
16. Edgy Sleek Braid Style with Lehenga:
Here is a good alternative for hairstyles on lehenga for medium hair. If you have medium hair and want a feminine hairstyle, then go for this style. Here you do a sleek and thin braid from the corner side and go until the end part. Leave the other part of the hair open. This should be having hair parting well. You can either go for straight hair or go for curls or waves as you wish. This is a super pretty and cute girly style for one who loves to look feminine.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this during winter to look your best.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age below 30 can try this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can try this style well during wedding events.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Oval and diamond face shapes with wavy or curly hair can go with it.
17. High Bun Hairstyle for Lehenga:
Here are other wedding, lehenga hairstyles. This is among our favourite bun hairstyles for lehenga, which it is totally elegant and stylish. Her hair is done in a puffed look and is rolled around behind. Hair accessories are added to it. Professional help is anyway required to do this hairstyle perfectly since this is among the most sought bridal look. This is the stylish, feminine and classic way of getting ready for lehenga.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in your late 20s only.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this style for any season as they wish.
- Perfect Occasion: Those who are attending a wedding event or big day brides can try this one out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Wear this style if you have an oval and rectangular face with any hair type.
Read: Hairstyles for Birthday Party
18. Messy Braid Hairstyle for Lehenga:
This is among the Indian reception hairstyles for lehenga. Brides who love to look absolutely marvellous and stunning can try this style out. Wear this as a messy loose braid look and let it be further messy near the start of the braid. You can add accessories to add further beauty to the look. This look is gorgeous and stylish that everyone can turn to look fashionable that day.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in your late 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Women can best try this out in winter.
- Perfect Occasion: This kind of lehenga is right to be worn during receptions or mehndi nights.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with oval and rectangle faces with wavy hair can best try this.
19. Messy Hairdo with Lehenga:
Well here is yet another bridal look hairstyle for short hair with lehenga. This style is totally trendy right now and is among the most suited and wanted styles if you are willing to get ready heavily for special bridal events. This style will also suit designer lehengas and heavily decorated lehengas only as it is a classic and stylish modern look. Professional help should only do this hairstyle as it takes a lot of time to create the look.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in your 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good time to try this style out.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for any bridal festivities for the best look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with an oval face and any hair type can try this style out.
20. Simple Side Braid Open Hair:
This is quite a simple hairstyle for long hair on lehenga look. If you are someone who wants to dress up simple and elegant, with a classy edge and sleek style, then go for this style. A simple embroidered or ethnic lehenga can rather go very well in this style. Here you need to braid hair from both sides and pin it up behind. Then brush the hair very well. That is it; you are good to go. The result is super stylish and straightforward.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for casual family functions or festivals.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their early 20s to look radiant.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon seasons are a good time to try this one out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face type and straight hair can try this style out.
Read: Beautiful and Easy Hairstyles for Girls
21. Exotic Hairdo for Lehengas Style:
This is yet another lehenga hairstyle for long face. This is a fancy hairdo for lehengas. However, one requires a professional stylist to get this done as it takes time, expertise and patience as well. Her hair is done well by rolling and adding flowers to enhance her beauty. If you have a good fancy dress and want to get ready for a grand-scale reception or similar event, then this can suit you best and in a better way. Try this one out, and you will surely feel like a princess.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style in summer and monsoons.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s only are the best fit here for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can wear this hairstyle for reception or heavy-scale events.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Those with oval and elongated faces can try this with wavy hair.
22. Rolled Up Braid Hair for Lehenga:
Wondering and wanting to try out a new kind of braid? If you have a sense for a unique hairdo for lehenga, then one can easily try out this kind of rolled the puffy braid. This is not the usual braid we come across generally. It is totally classic and a new age modern braid. Try this out if you want a bit of modern and unique classic tough to the ethnic bright colored lehenga. It will make you pop out with ethnic looks.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style in summer and winter at its best.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 30s and late 20s are rather best suited to this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can try this style for festivals or Dussehra dance celebrations.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with a round face and square face can try this best with any long hair type.
Here are a few ideas to make your hairstyles for lehenga easy and better,
- Given that lehenga is a heavy piece of styling and clothing, choose the style wisely as per the occasion.
- If you have a simple lehenga go for a good feminine style and if you have a heavy one for bridal events, go for the classic, edgy style of hairstyle.
- Always do not forget to wash your hair and do it one day before the function to avoid complications with styling.
- Apply hair spray, in the end, to manage hair well for the whole day nicely. Try to add hair accessories to hair as you wish.
- Given that the lehenga is a good and elegant piece of clothing, you can easily customize your hair to look as you wish with accessories.
The hairstyle for lehenga guide here is not exhaustive however covers all major stylish looks which are trending right now. If you want to look simple and classic or even if you want to stand out in a crowd and look stylish and fabulous, all choices are there for you to pick as per your preferences. Try these out and tell us how you feel about styling for different occasions.
1. Can Twisted Hairdo with Braid Suit Lehenga Style Well?
Ans: Yes totally. A twisted hairdo with a braid can go with lehenga good. You can try out this style if you are in your 30s and 40s age group better.
2. How to Protect Hair From Heat By Styling for Hairstyles?
Ans: Heating the hair for styling is a common concern, especially when you style for lehengas. Take good protection to avoid damage to hair by applying a hair mask before shampooing on the previous day. Further use heat protectant sprays and argan oil as well on hair previous to styling.
Read Also: Best Hairstyle With Anarkali Suit
3. Can Heavy Braid Look Suit Hairstyles for Lehenga?
Ans: Yes, heavy braids can totally look good for hairstyles for lehenga. However, if you are young, try not to choose that style and go for more youthful styles. Women in and over their 40s can prefer the same better.
4. Can Women with Square Face Look Good in Bun for Lehenga?
Ans: Yes, women with square face shapes can try out the bun for lehengas. However, make sure the variant of the bun is not too tight and neatly combed. If you have a square face, try a messy bun. If you have a round face and oval face, you can try a messy or even a neat puffed bun.