20 Cute Messy Bun Hairstyles for Medium-Long Hair
Messy hair, don’t care! You might have heard this phrase several times, especially among the young modern women circles. Messy hairstyles are among the trending looks at present; there is no doubt that messy bun hairstyles are equally charming and graceful looks right now in this category. These hairdos deliver a beautiful and hot contemporary vibe and can bring on a sleek style statement effortlessly.
Whether it is a special night out party or cocktail gatherings or formal looks, the messy bun hairdos are a must-try for any woman.
20 Different and Easy Messy Hair Bun Styles for Women:
We have compiled the list of the latest and most trending easy, cute, and perfect messy buns styles, which are simple and quick too. Let’s explore these elegant hairstyles ideas with images.
1. Simple Messy Bun Hairstyles for Party:
This is a lovely messy bun hairstyle idea for a simple yet timeless and feminine look. The beautiful look can be done quickly and yet look ravishing and captivating. The gorgeous look is ideal for parties, gatherings and outings and suits women with oval or diamond face shapes. You can wear a gown or dress with this look.
2. Timeless Messy Bun Hairstyles for Wedding:
This natural boho inspired messy bun hairstyle look is among the option of the trendy hairstyle this season. We love the gorgeous bun, which suits occasions such as Indian weddings. The bun can look gorgeous for outfits such as a saree or lehenga and suits women with all face shapes and hair textures. It undoubtedly delivers a timeless and charming appearance seamlessly.
3. Low Messy Bun:
If you love something easy and elegant and prefer a timeless style statement, this lovely hair bun can be ideal. With the flowers arrangements and low messy look and hair knot, we quite love this result. For women who ideally are searching for something easy and quick for parties or weddings and bridal hair / special occasions, this low messy bun updo can be good to go.
- Women with oval and round face shapes can try this hairstyle.
- This edgy look can be good to go for those with wavy hair texture and curly hair.
Try this look for women in the age group of the mid-30s to the 40s for best looks.
4. Messy Double Buns:
Do you prefer chic and contemporary yet funky looks? Here is the one. You may have come across double buns or even messy buns. But this blend of both is something unique and yet innovative. Try this easy and quick hair double updo in messy form, and you can look quite stunning. If you have any informal gatherings with friends or casual outings for regular routines, this can be a good option with a crazy undertone
- Girls and women with round, oval, and diamond face shapes can try this hairstyle
- This chic look can be good with any hair texture easily. But if you have thick hair density, this messy bun can be ideal.
- Girls and women below the age group of 25 years can look sweet and cute in this one.
5. Messy Bun with Braid:
This has to be one of our favorite hairstyle makeovers. If you have weddings coming up or celebratory events lined up, this lovely hairstyle makeover can be edgy. With semi braided bun and messy look, the contemporary look is new as well as charming. Try adding a few intricate floral attachments as shown in the picture above to add further detailing. This messy hair bun hairstyle can be best for weddings, prom or parties.
- Women with heart, diamond and oval face shapes can try this one out
- Wear this messy bun for those women with wavy and curly hair texture.
- This look can be edgy and stylish for women in their late 20s to their mid-30s.
Read: Cute Medium Hair Bun Style
6. Messy Bun with Bangs:
Do you love bangs and fringes? These hair makeovers with added bangs are timeless and can never go out of trend. With the messy hairstyle bun and bangs falling over the forehead, this is among the most youthful styles we have ever seen. Be it for offices or casual outings, this messy bun hairstyle with bangs can be edgy and perfect.
- Those with oval and oblong face shapes can fit in perfectly in this look
- Try this hairstyle if you have straight or wavy hair texture.
- Women in their 20s and 30s age group can be ideal in this makeover.
7. Messy Bun Updo:
This is among the most coveted wedding messy hairdos we have come across recently. If you have Christian weddings or even wedding receptions with long maxi dresses as outfits, this bun hairstyle can look grand and plush with elegant looks. Adding hair attachments can add further bright and vibrant hues to this makeover. It is quick and yet edgy and modern.
- Those with round, square, and oval face shapes can try this hairstyle.
- This hairstyle makeover bun can be good with straight and smooth hair texture. This can be also an easy messy bun for medium length and shoulder length hair
- Women with anyone the age of 20s can look ideal in this sleek look.
8. Messy Bun with Bandana:
The bandana hairstyles or hair makeovers with the scarf is quite an upcoming trend. With the lovely feminine styles and retro vibes, we love how it turns out in most hairstyles. Adding a bright coloured scarf with the messy bun does the same magic – it gives a bright and sparkling contemporary hue for every event you try out.
- Women with any face shape and features can try this hairstyle easily
- This look can be edgy and perfect for women who have a wavy and straight hair texture
- Women in their 20s and 30s age group can be ideal and suitable for this look.
Read Also: Bandana Hair Styling 2023
9. Messy Ponytail Bun:
Are you running late for your office? For all those women who are stuck with busy schedules, here is a quick hack. Make a ponytail of your hair and turn it to knot into a bun. This quick and easy hairstyle hardly takes a minute to achieve, and with its messy elegance and looks, it also gives a nice charming style. Further, if you have short hair length, this simple low messy bun can go on quickly and well.
- Women with oval and round face shapes can try this hairstyle out.
- Those with any hair texture and thin look can be ideal and perfect in this easy messy bun for short hair.
- Try this look for those women in their 30s and 40s age group.
10. Twisted Messy Updo:
We are in awe of this lovely look. The hair here is taken all together and twisted upwards to make it a messy updo. For women who love bold and contemporary looks, this can be an ideal one. Be it for parties or cocktail events or dinners. This can be ideal and trendy with modern statement appealing looks. What do you think?
- Women with oval and round face shapes can try these messy bun hairstyles for long hair.
- This edgy look can be perfect with those in straight and wavy hair textures. Further, if you have long hair length and thick texture, this easy messy bun can go well.
- Women in their 40s and 50s age group can be perfect here.
11. Messy Bun with Fringe:
If you are a sucker for parties and have many events in hand for attending, you will love this versatile look. From high-end parties and gatherings to dinner events and cocktail gatherings, this hair bun with fringes on the sides is stylish and looks super youthful. Try this high messy bun with a sleek maxi dress or gown, and you can look like a million bucks.
- Women with oval and oblong face shapes can try this beautiful hairstyle.
- This look can be ideal with a straight and smooth hair texture.
- The age group of the 30s and the 40s can be an ideal and perfect match for this look.
Read: Easy Chignon Bun Look
12. Vintage Blonde Messy Bun:
For those professional engagements and formal meetings, this blonde messy backward bun can be ideal. The grace and charm associated with the look give that perfect dignified and formal vibes around you. Air this style with a knee-length dress or skirts and shirts, and we bet you can look gorgeous and stunning.
- Women with diamond, oval, and round face shapes can try this blonde hairdo.
- Women with straight and wavy hair textures can try this edgy, stylish hair updo.
- Women in the 30s age group can look youthful and mesmerizing in this lovely look.
13. Side Thick Braid:
Thick and Voluptuous hair is a great option to make side thick braided bun hairstyles. Hairstyles may keep on changing, but this style will have its own craze. Going with this hairstyle to formal events along with a matching dress, you can grab the attention of all people irrespective of age. So Try once and be different.
14. Updo Messy:
The updo messy bun is awesome if you have a college event or a prom. Though this hairstyle is boasting of youth, it can also be adorned by corporate heads as well because of the sophistication it carries. The updo look looks great with a large variety of messy curls both on the front and back.
Read: How To Do A Cute Hair Bun
15. Bump It:
The bump it messy bun is the perfect messy bun to go for if you are looking for a great hairstyle to match your dress. This hairstyle has more volume than most messy hairstyles and looks a lot cleaner as well. The bump requires a separate set of hands if you want to achieve this great hairstyle.
16. High Updo:
The high updo looks great when you need a great hairstyle when going out for a night on the town or going out with friends. It requires little or no maintenance and can be made in no time allowing you to have just a great hairstyle for the day. This is a great bun hairstyle for girls to choose from if they do not want to spend too much time on their hair.
17. Messy Bun with Braid:
The messy bun with braid is a little more difficult to make due to the undertone braid that has to be simultaneously made when tying your hair into a messy bun. If you have another person to help you make this hairstyle, it will be much better for you to get what you want.
Read: Simple Side Bun Hairstyle
18. Formal Messy Bun:
The formal messy bun is perfect to maintain your dignity and good name when going to any office event. It is maybe the perfect messy hairdo that has ever been discovered due to its ability to look both chic and formal at the same time.
19. Super Casual:
The super casual messy bun is yet again a great way to go if you want to let your hair down during a social event or a party. Even for a regular casual hairstyle, this is a great way to go. Super casual requires just a small bun with a large variety of messy curls to properly pull off this great look.
20. Wedding Bun:
This messy bun is perfect for your wedding and will look absolutely great with a flowing white dress. Your choice of accessories may be used on the hairstyle to achieve a higher level of grace.
Read: Natural Hair Bun Styles
The messy bun hairstyles are among the most lovely and popular hair updos for modern women. With the new-gen contemporary hues and classic looks, these messy hairdos are ideal for several events and occasions to come and can suit women with a different set of preferences too. Try them out, and they can look lovely on everyone.