15 Elegant Formal Hairstyles for Women
Formal hairstyles can be quite tricky. Given that these styles are emphasised to give a classy, respectful and elegant look onwards, these styles are quite tricky to achieve and may take a lot of time to contemplate the best. Hence here we came up with the solution. We enlist you best and most formal hairstyles for women. These formal haircuts are quite easy to do and will never take time from your hand in case you are a busy scheduled working woman. These best formal hairstyles will give you all that look which requires you to look respectful and elegant, unique and also with a style quotient with you.
Further, these are among new formal hairstyles which will change and transform the way you can look. Continue reading to catch more on these cute formal hairstyles for yourself! These will change the way your routine would look and appear during your busy office times.
15 Best Formal Hairstyles for Women with Images (Guide On Different Looks):
Here are the formal hairstyles for women which can transform the way you can look. These formal hairstyles for women are elegant, stylish and trendy too.
1. Twisted Hairstyles Idea for Formal Events:
This is the best and only trending choice among the hairstyles you wish to try out for formal events. This formal hairstyle looks absolutely lovely and ravishing, exuding high-end luxurious and sophisticated elegance with simplicity. We love how gorgeous this is at any formal gatherings and parties. Women with wavy and fine tresses with long hair lengths must give this look a try.
2. Formal Hairstyles with Half Hair Down:
Yet another gorgeous choice in formal hairstyles for women is this lovely look right here. The stunning hairstyle is perfect to pair with your formal gowns, knee-length skirts and dresses. If you have curly or wavy hair and medium to long length, you must try this for any special gathering or meeting.
3. Braided Formal Hairstyle:
This hairstyle for the formal party is among the best trending ones right now. If you are someone who is working in corporate and wants to have a trendy and stylish look as well for formal parties and events conducted by your workplace, then this must be chosen by you. This one is quite easy, and all it needs is the nice side braid to leave it and pin it well at the end. If you have short curly hair, this is going to add more vibe and look to you.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in your late 20s woman.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is the best time to work on this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with curly hair and oval face can try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with a nice long midi skirt and top for good office formal night parties.
4. Straightened Short Hairdo:
This hairstyle for ladies with corporate and office parties is lovely and elegant. If you are someone who loves short hair, you can quickly try this kind of style and look out. All you need to do is blow dry hair properly near the ends. The haircut is easy to achieve and is among our top favourite easy hairstyles for formal events. Try this out if you want to get something simple to achieve, not time-consuming and vintage style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 30s are the best fit for this style.
- Best Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are a good fit for the style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this style for round and oval face women with any straight or wavy hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear cute formal pants and blazers with this for office parties or conferences.
5. Curly Formal Hairstyle for Women:
In case you have curly hair then this is good formal hairstyle for women with long hair. This is easy to get all you need to do is leave curly hair wide open and let it be free. And this is best for those who carry curly hair as we know how daunting the task of styling such hair can be. Try this one out if you want to have a simple style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this for women in their 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Winters is a good time to try out this style.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this for casual, formal days at work.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with oval faces and curly hair can try this style.
Read: Latest Hairstyles 2023 Female
6. Sleek and Stylish Hairdo for Wavy Hair:
This formal hairdo for long hair is also quite easy to get. Here if you have wavy hair, then this is well suited to you given the formal touch the hair is giving. The hair is well brushed in the beginning and is kept with soft waves at the end. The hair is not detangled completely here. This procedure would give a similar look to you. In case you want to look super stylish, then this is your go-to style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can try this style out.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this in winter and monsoon at its best.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this for an oval face only with wavy hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear a nice long dress with this style for fancy events.
7. Wavy Formal Hairstyle for Simple Women:
In case you are woman of simplicity and grace, then these formal hairstyles for women with long straight hair are the perfect fit for you. This one is totally easy to achieve. Just brush thoroughly and create waves with your styling tool. Let the hair fall on you at the front to look super classy and stylish. Try it out if you want to look elegant and classy and stylish too but without much hype and getting ready.
- Ideal Age Group: Those women in their 40s can love this style.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to work on this hairstyle.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Try this with skirts or long dresses at morning events.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women of any face and hair type can try this style out.
8. Stylish and Cute Bun for Modern Woman:
If you are a sucker for cute and pretty hairstyles, then these formal hairstyles for medium hair are suitable for you. This is puffed up pony in the cuter style that is blow drying well enough to keep a fluffy high pony. It looks elegant and stylish too. Women who have medium hair and want to get ready can try this style. This, however, requires a bit of professional help to work on it.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this style in summer.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in your late 20s and early 30s only.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with diamond faces and oval faces can try this one with wavy hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: If you have any retro-themed parties where this style with a long dress or skirt.
9. Messy Braided Bun Style:
This is among our top favourite easy formal hairstyles for medium hair. It is a stylish messy bun right now. Given that mess is in trend, all woman who wants to look stylish can try this style out. Just braid loosely from your right side and mix it up with other hair to do a rolled bun. Secure with bobby pins properly without fail. That is it, and your messy bun is ready.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in your 20s only.
- Best Season to Try: All seasons are outstanding in this hairstyle.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with any face type and wavy hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can try this style for office wear with blazers and skirts.
Read: Pretty Casual Hairstyles
10. Sleek Formal Bun Hairstyle:
These formal hairstyles for short hair are quite stylish and easy to do. Women who love to keep it simple and yet very formal and stylish can try this high straight and neat bun. Her hair is combed neatly without any mess and rolled it up at the top. Accessorise in a simple manner and that’s it you are good to go. Wear this style if you love keeping it unique and away from the crowd.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style if you are in your late 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this style in summer at its best.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this if you have an oval face and any hair type.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this kind of style with a long strapless gown for morning lunches and formal gatherings.
11. High Pony Hairstyle for Elegant Looks:
This one is another short formal hairstyle for women. Just do a high pony but curl it up before you do that. Leave some soft curls near your ear and crown to fall on the face to enhance the beauty further. Try this style if you want something easy to do when you are running in the morning to reach work soon. This is best suited if you are in the art and fashion field further and adds to your grace.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in your 20s and 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Women can best try this style in winter and summer.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with any face type and wavy hair can best try this style.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this hairstyle in a cute western outfit and for night parties.
12. Cute Pony Style for Young Women:
This is among the favourite and top trending semi formal hairstyles for women. The woman who goes to non-corporate work and culture can try this kind of easy style to maintain her looks every day. Just take a bit of hair from the crown and both sides and make a half pony. Leave the left of the hair like that and brush thoroughly. If you have wavy hair, then this gives such a look as shown in the picture above.
- Best Season to Try: Winters is a good time to try out this one.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for a young woman in their 20s.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this for causal outfits for normal workday life.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this style if you have any face type and wavy hair.
13. Cute Braided Hairdo With A Bow:
This is a formal side hairstyle for very young girls. Those who have something important coming up in their colleges and schools can try this style out to make them look mature and professional and also graceful. This gives such an elegant look and a formal vibe. However, this one is not easy to make, and you would need help from an assistant or professional in braiding on the side in a similar shown way.
- Ideal Age Group: Those girls below 20 can try this style out.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is suitable for this unique style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Any oval face and round face with hair type can try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: girls can try this one out for special events with formal tops and pants.
Read: How To Choose A New Hairstyle
14. Puffy Braid Style Hairdo:
This formal curly hairstyle is unique to us right now. This is the new coming trend right now, and the hair is braided from the crown onwards till the tail end. The hair braided is made in a puffy way and messy fashion. The left hair is freely opened and curled. Try this style if you want something unique in your styling methods, and you would definitely look graceful. You can further customise this with clips and accessories as you wish.
- Idea Age Group: Those of any age below 35 can try this style out.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoons and winters are best to try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with a formal dress to knee length for formal dinners.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women can try this if they have a round and square face and curly hair.
15. Messy Braid Variant Style:
The messy hairstyle fans, here you go again! These formal hairstyles for women with fine hair are perfect to go and stylish. This is done as a messy braid, but one cannot notice the long braid and the way the hair is rolled up in a super messy way. The hair as much as you can roll it up around and clip it up can look good. Try this if you want something unique and stylish and very different from everyday casuals.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for women 30 years old.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are good times to try this style out.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women can try this style if they have an oval face and curly hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with a long gown for night formal parties and gatherings.
16. Rolled Up Bun Formal Style:
Here are formal bun hairstyles variants in another way. Middle-aged women who want to try out something stylish for themselves and do not want to go into too many casual styles can try this style out. This is quite respectful, graceful and also elegant. The hair is not easy to do but looks totally elegant as a result. Try this one out hence for special occasions and events. You would surely love it and repeat it.
- Ideal Age Group: if you are in your 40s, you can work on these styles.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is a good time to work on this kind of hairstyle.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with oval and diamond faces can try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with skirts or mid length dresses for formal conferences and lunches.
17. Simple Curly Style for Formal Woman:
These formal hairstyles for short hair are not much of a time. If you have curly hair naturally, then this is it. Have a super cute short haircut and brush it up every day. Then you are good to go in no time, and you would still look elegant and graceful. This is among the most classic styles of all time and can give you a different formal vibe altogether. Those women who want simple looks can best try this one.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this one for women in their 30s and 40s only.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is excellent to go in this hairstyle.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Oval and round faces can look good in this style with curly hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style for blazers and pants or skirts in case of formal dinners.
Read: Victoria Beckham Haircuts Images
Additional Tips for Formal Hairstyles:
Here are some additional suggestions and tricks to make sure your hair can look maintained and stylish.
- Formal hairstyles look on the way you maintain your hair thoroughly. Hence try to make sure to follow regular hair care routine properly.
- Mask your hair every week to make sure hair is well-nourished properly.
- Massage it every week with coconut oil and almond oil to moisturise your hair thoroughly.
- Trim the hair once in three to four months to maintain the length and well-trimmed tail.
- Do not over shampoo hair. Shampoo no more than thrice a week to get beautiful and nourished hair.
- Apply hair spray at end to protect from sun rays and heat quickly to an extent.
These list of formal hairstyles for women are easy to make, and most of them are quite best suited even for professional culture and offices. Different age groups of woman can work on them easily as per their preferences. Given these top favourite hairstyles for us for formal events and cultures try these out, and you will surely get back to them again. They are classy, trendy, elegant and stylish. What else do you need than a blend of such trendy ones?
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Does Straight Hair Suit Messy Bun Style for Formal Events?
Ans: Yes, the messy bun can be done with straight hair too. But you may need to curl or wave it up a bit as required. You may need to change the hair texture to a bit if needed.
Q2. Does Bob Cut for Formal Events Suit Women Of 50 Years Age?
Ans: Bob cut is now the new trend. It looks cool and stylish for the woman of any age group these days. Hence you can try this one out, and it looks super trendy and hot without any age bar.
Q3. How to Make Sure Hair is Maintained Silk and Smooth as Fine Hair?
Ans: This depends on the hair care routine. Without missing regular hair care, try to maintain well-nourished hair well. Apply hair oil as a massage every week properly and do hair spa every month to nourish hair. After the shower, apply hair serum to get smooth hair when it is still wet.