A women’s most beautiful asset is her hair. Every woman craves to have gorgeous, soft and shiny hair. Just like the skin, the hair requires special attention too. We all know the old saying: “healthy inside, makes the outside beautiful”. The idea behind having a lustrous hair is to have a healthy hair. The result of unhealthy hair is dull looking hair which lacks luster.
Seasons, be it spring, summer, winter or autumn, seem to have effect on the hair in a large way. It is highly important to take care of the hair according to the varying seasons as well.
Tips For How to Get Lustrous Hair Locks:
Here are a few tips on how to manage your hair so that it looks lustrous in any season.
1. Washing your hair is very important. Washing keeps the hair dust and dirt free. It is ideal to wash the hair at least 3 times a week, i.e, usually on alternate days. While washing do not over wash it, or else it may result in excess sebum formation, making the hair greasy.
2. Choose a shampoo that best suits your hair. Not all shampoos are suited for all kinds of hair. Depending on the hair type you have dry or wet, curly or straight, pick a shampoo that would help to moisturize and soften your hair.
3. Avoid washing hair with soap as this damage and dries the hair. Soaps are suited only for the skin. Hair is made up of much lighter tissues and hence is easily prone to damage if soap is used.
4. While shampooing your hair, go by the directions of “apply, rinse and repeat”. This helps to clear all the dirt from the hair clearly. Always work up the shampoo till it lathers and then clean the scalp and repeat it once again. Lather the shampoo all the way from the tips to the roots and scalp. Do not use your nail on the scalp, as this may break the hair or damage the scalp. Use fingertips, while using a shampoo. Do not overdo a shampoo as this may clear out the natural oils present in the hair.
See More: How To Do Hair Spa At Home
5. After every hair wash, it is necessary to follow up with a conditioner. Most shampoos come up with a conditioner of the same type. So, use a conditioner that is of the same type as the shampoo. Or you could also use a conditioner that best fits your hair. Conditioners smoothens the hair, soothes the scalp, repairs damaged hair and keeps it tangle-free. It also adds shiny and lustrous locks to the hair. While using a conditioner, ensure that the conditioner has moisturizing features that may help to keep the hair hydrated and healthy. If you don’t want to add a moisturizer, massage a healthy amount of curd or yogurt on to your hair, from scalp to tips. Let it dry for 20 minutes. Wash and clean as usual.
6. While picking hair products ensure to pick ones that have very low chemical products. This would damage the natural beauty of the hair. It is also advisable to find herbal or natural shampoos, as they have are made of mild ingredients. Products containing ayurvedic herbs can help a lot in making the hair look lustrous.
7. It is highly essential to stimulate circulation of blood flow to the head. This removes the dead skin cells, prevents dandruff and also aids in hair growth. Massaging the scalp everyday for a few minutes can improve stimulation.
See More: Home Remedies For Grey Hair
8. Oil content in the hair is of utmost importance. Washing the hair may bring down the oil content. Hence it is necessary to restore the oil content by massaging warm oil on the hair. This can be done once a week. It prevents hair breakage. Leave the oil on the hair for at least two hours before washing. It is preferable to use almond or olive oil. Coconut oil works better for people with long hair.
9. If you are someone who goes to the gym or does any high amount of physical work, then it is suggested to wash the hair every day with a mild shampoo and conditioner, in order to replenish the natural oils lost by the hair.
10. Wide-toothed comb with soft bristles are best suited for any type of hair. This would prevent the hair from breakage, and also helps in untangling knots in the hair without causing much pain or irritation. Do not comb your hair after shampooing as this may damage the hair and may also make it frizzy.
11. People with oily hair can control the oil content by rinsing hair with diluted lemon juice or cider vinegar. This would remove the greasy texture of the hair and also gives a shine to it. Also it is necessary that they do not use more conditioner.
12. Hair masks are good for the hair if used in amiable amounts. This is used to prevent dry and dull locks of hair.
13. The hair is exposed to maximum damage when one is out under the sun. So it is preferable to usually cover ones hair. This prevents sunlight from drying out the hair and also helps to keep away the dust and dirt while you are out.
See More: Treatment For Premature Greying Of Hair
14. Do not use hair dryer to dry your hair. The heat emanating from the hairdryer would make the hair susceptible to easy damage. So it is always better to let the hair dry naturally. While using a towel, always remember to gently rub the hair. Heavy friction can also lead to hair loss.
15. As said earlier, a healthy inside results in beautiful outside, it is necessary to consume a well balanced diet, have enough sleep and drink lots of water. Since hair is made of proteins. It is necessary to consume a lot of protein based diet, like meat, fish, pulses, etc. It is also necessary to have good iron content in the body to have healthy hair.
Remedies for Long Lustrous Hair:
How about some easy remedies for long lustrous hair? These simples one are the masks, the type of oil you use or even how you tie your hair. Make sure you get them all right. All of these have a role to play in getting a lustrous hair. Take a look below.
Castor oil is an attested oil for a shiny hair. Although it is extremely oily and sticky, it nevertheless does a good job. Castor oil is high on emollient properties, one that retains moisture and helps lock it in your hair. The sticky nature of the oil helps to lock the proteins in the hair. Use it in combination with coconut oil. Mix one spoon of castor oil to two spoons of coconut oil. Massage on to your hair overnight Cover your hair with a warm towel and wash it in the morning.
Use banana pack for a lustrous hair. Simply smash adequate banana on a bowl and apply on to your hair. For deep conditioning, you can also add almond or coconut oil drops to the pack. Banana contains A. B, C and E vitamins. These vitamins help to repair damaged hair. They also nourish your hair in addition to keeping it shiny.
The ready available ingredient in the kitchen can now nourish and add shine to your hair. Simply grind some fenugreek or methi seeds to a fine powder. Use this powder in milk and apply the mixture on to your hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash off with cool water. The antioxidants in fenugreek have moisturizing properties and is extremely useful in adding shine to the hair.
The last tip mentioned is of utmost importance to keep your hair healthy. Healthy diet keeps all the systems in the body functioning perfectly. This would result in good hair growth and lustre. Also it necessary to reduce stress and anxiety, as the internal damage would also show on the outside that is by damaging the hair. Pollution is also responsible for your hair to lose shine. Protect your hair and keep it covered when you are out.