15+ Best Chest Tattoo Designs for Men and Women
Chest tattoo designs are not mere pieces of art! They are a creative way of expressing one’s feelings and emotions and even narrating life experiences. Depending on where you place the tattoo, the symbolism varies. Putting it on your chest shows how close it is to your heart if you are passionate about a person or even an ideology! This is why Chest tattoos have gained such importance in recent times.
A chest is a private place of your body that you can reveal at times. By getting a tattoo etched on this space, you show the impact of the design on your life. The best part of chest tattoos is that they give the designer more space to draw, especially on the bodies of men. However, many women also prefer these tattoos on their upper chest to mark their love for someone. Common chest tattoos include flowers, people, names, quotes, stars, tribal designs, nature and abstract art.
Let us look into some of the best chest tattoo designs, compiled specially for you:
15+ Best Chest Tattoo Designs With Images:
Below are the best chest tattoo designs for men and women as follows.
1. Folk-Lore Chest Tattoos:
Tribal tattoos are quite an inspiration if we speak of how well to address the inner wilder beast by inking yourself. This intricate chest tattoo is inspired by a Japanese tribal art form where the chest houses the delicately inked sun while the patterns roll down to the very end of the arm. Tribal art at its best is always a welcoming sight, intriguing yet so humble, making them one of the best chest tattoo ideas for men.
- Best Suitable for: Tribal tattoos are usually preferred by men proud of their ethnic roots.
- Preferable Ink: Black is the best colour.
- Where: You can get it done from the side of your chest to your arms.
- Size: It is an extensive tattoo design with small patterns.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for wheat to fair-skinned people.
2. The Darker Side Chest Tattoo Design:
A dominant skull defines the core content of this chest tattoo, which speaks of the dark side and the powers that it possesses. The skull shaded into a dark appeal has angel wings on its back, widespread while the use of red on the under layers of the art brings out the sinister feel to the look. It also symbolizes life after death, with the skull representing death and the red flowers symbolizing re-birth. This is one of the best chest tattoos for men with a deep meaning.
- Best Suitable for: These male chest tattoos are suitable for those who are emotional and always on the quest to know the meaning of life and death!
- Preferable Ink: You can choose black colour for the outline and skull with red ink for the flowers.
- Where: You can get it done along the upper chest area.
- Size: Go for a large design to capture the details better.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light-skinned people due to the use of colours.
3. Guardian Angel Chest Tattoo Designs for Men:
Much like the dark side, this is another mythological reference to guardian angels. This is a humble tattoo with a deeper inner meaning with the simple portrayal of wings; a beautiful message has been given out. What attracts the look more is the intricate shading of the outspread wings. This is one of the famous wings chest tattoos for men, occasionally preferred by women.
- Best Suitable for: Winged chest tattoos are suitable for men who believe in their guardian angels.
- Preferable Ink: A primary black colour is preferable.
- Where: The wings are etched on either side of the chest.
- Size: Opt for medium to large-sized wings for better visibility.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light-skinned men.
4. The Owl Chest Tattoos:
Indeed a unique one-of-a-kind, the owl in this chest tattoo is executed in shades of golden brown and black, giving it a rich feel while the middle of the chest houses its body, the wings outspread and beautiful. The ink looks more alluring owing to the detailed face art of the owl. What intrigues us about this tattoo is the use of tribal patterns to create a stunning design of a flying owl! This is one of the most awesome chest tattoos!
- Best Suitable For Owl tattoos with tribal designs is suitable for men who are protective of their clan.
- Preferable Ink: Go for a primarily black colour.
- Where: You can get it done in the middle of your chest.
- Size: A reasonably large design can capture fine details well.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for fair and light-skinned people.
5. The Collarbones Touch Chest Tattoo:
Now the collarbones touch is a classic chest tattoo style implicated by drawing a line of calligraphy words across the collarbones, starting from one and ending at the other. This tattoo is an example of the common style where the calligraphy ends in two blooming passion roses. This is one of the best name tattoos on the chest, which you can use to express your philosophies of life!
- Best Suitable for: These name tattoos are suitable for both men and women to reveal their inner feelings and express themselves better.
- Preferable Ink: Go for a basic black colour for the name and a mix of blue and red for the flowers.
- Where: You can get it done alongside the collarbone, on the upper part of your chest.
- Size: Depending on the breadth of your shoulder, you can choose from a medium to large design.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light-skinned people.
6. Survival Strategic Chest Tattoos for Guys:
Life is all about survival of the fittest, and if you are a die-hard fan of the line, there is yet another way to portray the feeling without having to write it down in ink. This tattoo shows a stag fighting for respect, their horns interlocked as both stand in a warrior stance. It also represents sexuality, vitality and youth, making it one of the cool chest tattoo ideas for men.
7. Winged Cross Tattoo On Chest:
Chest wing is a desirable form of chest tattoo art, and here we have one of the best designs portraying so. The beautiful winged tattoo is made in shades of copper with black undertones featuring a cross in the centre with clouds lining the wings. The wings indicate the presence of angels and a devil in one’s life. Also, the tattoo is accompanied by beautiful fonts to add to its beauty. The use of bright colours and intricate details make it the best chest tattoo design!
- Best Suitable for: This is best for men who believe in making bold moves and are afraid to speak their hearts out.
- Preferable Ink: Use black for the border and try filling the design with bright hues.
- Where: You can get this design inked on the area of your chest.
- Size: A large-size design is highly recommended.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light skins due to the use of many colours.
8. The Reddened Glow Chest Tattoos for Girls:
To whoever said chest tattoos are only for boys, here is a classic example of how a girl can rock a chest tattoo with flawlessness. Here the tattoo has a faded bed of roses housing the mighty red glowing skull. Ladies in sports such as wrestling, car racing, bike racing etc., carry this tattoo. The combination of black and white with red gives it a unique look. This is one of the best chest tattoos for women.
- Best Suitable for: This chest tattoo design is suitable for women who are expressive and creative at the same time.
- Preferable Ink: Try a combination of red and black to create the effect.
- Where: It is best done on the upper part of your chest.
- Size: Choose a medium to large-sized design, depending on how bold you want it to be.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for fair-skinned women.
9. The Super Hero Chest Tattoos:
This kind of chest tattoo for men is highly carried out by men inspired by superheroes such as Batman, Spiderman, Superman, etc. The tattoo is given a 3D effect to make it lively. The main symbol of Superman is inked here, which also means that the person is a superhero for his child. Also, these tattoos are worn by people who inspire them to achieve something impossible. Generally, these kinds of tattoos are always a tribute from a son to his father.
- Best Suitable for: These superhero chest tattoos for guys are suitable for those who strongly bond with their parents, particularly fathers!
- Preferable Ink: You can use blue, red, yellow, and black for realism.
- Where: This can be a half-chest tattoo design.
- Size: Go for a large-sized image.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light and fair skin.
10. Quote Tattoo:
The above chest tattoo design is made with an inspirational quote and lovely fonts. The tattoo also includes a crow which indicates the past, while a dove suggests the future. The dark black and light grey shades add to its beauty. One can ink out the quotes or the norms they follow in their life or are highly inspired by. The different use of fonts makes it lovelier to wear. People also ink some messages for their favourite person they have lost in their life. Such tattoos can also be named memorable tattoos.
- Best Suitable for: Among the chest tattoos for guys, this design suits those who believe in the cycle of life and the Karmic role!
- Preferable Ink: You can opt for a muted look by choosing black with hints of red.
- Where: Get it done on the entire region of your chest.
- Size: A large to extra-large design captures the text and objects.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light and fair skin.
11. The Snake and Skull Tattoo:
This is the best example of a chest tattoo design for men. The tattoo covers the chest and the full body to the belly. The tattoo includes a snake and a skull. Both of them symbolize death and evil or victory over evil. The snake also is a symbol of power and strength. While in some religions, the cobra snake is also worshipped and is counted as a pious God. The beautiful colour combination makes it more eye-catchy.
- Best Suitable for: This chest tattoo design is suitable for men who do not shudder from filling their bodies with art.
- Preferable Ink: Opt for a multi-coloured tattoo using black, blue, red and yellow.
- Where: This is a full-body design, which starts from the chest area.
- Size: It is an extra-large image. So, think carefully before you choose this design.
- Skin Tone: This is suitable only for light skin.
12. The Dangerous Wolf Chest Tattoos:
These chest tattoos for men’s designs are getting popular among youngsters. This is a simple tattoo inked with just a border. The tattoo shows how a wolf has gained victory in chasing and killing his enemy. Thus this kind of tattoo is inked by wrestlers or those who are not afraid of their enemies and are strong enough to fight any situation. This tattoo best fits on the chest to give a good view. This is one of the excellent chest tattoo designs for men.
- Best Suitable for: If you are a fearless man and want to threaten your enemies, nothing suits you best than this wolf tattoo.
- Preferable Ink: It is better to use black for the outline. You can fill in the details if you wish to.
- Where: It is done all over the chest area.
- Size: Go for a large stencil image of a wolf to make a bold statement.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for wheat and light-skinned people.
13. Religious Tattoo Design On Chest:
This kind of small chest tattoo for men is very trendy among the religious youth section of men. The above symbol combines Jean’s crucified and two hands praying to God. Also, the sun is inked, pious in whichever religion you carry. Even a small message is inked on the top, which indicates that the person is a strict follower of Jean and his norms. Men in America and Africa widely carry out such tattoos.
- Best Suitable for: This design is suitable for spiritual and religious men.
- Preferable Ink: Go for a basic black ink to etch the design.
- Where: This pattern is best made in the centre of your chest.
- Size: A small to medium-sized image is ideal.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light-skinned men.
14. Mermaid Chest Tattoos for Women:
Mermaids are the most sought-after designs among females’ chest tattoos. The tattoo includes a mermaid peeping out of the water. The mermaid is a symbol of freedom, joy and happiness. Hence the wearer of such tattoos is a woman who is always cheerful in her thoughts. Also, the girls living apart from their families can get this tattoo inked to show their strength to the people. She loves to live a life which gives her freedom. The beautiful colour used makes it more adorable. It is one of the famous ladies’ chest tattoo ideas.
- Best Suitable for: This beautiful girl chest tattoo suits women and girls fond of mystical creatures like mermaids.
- Preferable Ink: A combination of blue, light green and black will do the trick!
- Where: It can be used as a top chest tattoo pattern.
- Size: A large-sized image is preferable.
- Skin Tone: This is best suitable for light-skinned women to ensure better visibility of colours.
15. Lion Chest Tattoo Design:
A lion is the king of the jungle. He is known for majesty, beauty, dignity and grace. Many men prefer getting a lion tattoo etched on their chests to reveal their lion-like traits. The lions are also quite mighty. This design depicts a scar on the lion’s eye, which indicates its undeterred fighting spirit. The whiskers and the lion’s mane are given a realistic feel with clever brush strokes.
- Best Suitable for: If you are the leader of your group and have Kingly traits, you can choose this design.
- Preferable Ink: Black, with hints of grey and white, is preferable for this design.
- Where: This can be done on either side of the chest.
- Size: A large-sized design captures the details well.
- Skin Tone: This pattern is suitable for both medium and fair skin tones.
More Tattoo Designs:
Check out these excellent tips before getting your chest tattoo done:
- The skin on the chest is quite sensitive. Prepare your mind for a painful, inking process.
- As the chest offers a broad area, you can try large-sized images.
- Do not combine too many elements with your central design, as it can take away the focus.
- If you are a woman, stick to upper chest tattoos. Do not attempt to get inked on your breasts.
- Place it slightly lower if you are worried about the tattoo peeking out of your shirt or top.
- Make sure the tattoo artist knows exactly what needs to be done. Otherwise, you will end up with a permanent scar for life!
Aren’t you impressed with these fantastic chest tattoo designs? With many customers and designers opting for the chest to reveal their creative side, chest tattoos are topping the charts! Many celebrities like David Beckham have popularised getting tattoos on the chest and created bold fashion trends. If you are bold enough to face a needle in your chest, you are probably ready for these stunning masterpieces!