12 Best Indian Style Haircuts for Girls
Who does not love Indian girls hairstyles? They are absolutely ethereal, given the blend of tradition and modern sense. The Indian girl’s haircut suits several preferences and personalities easily. There are several simple hairstyles for Indian girls that everyone can choose from depending on the occasion and event at hand. They are great to look at and easy to maintain.
These haircuts for Indian girls enhance their beauty and further intensify their personalities with style and fashion. Continue reading to know more about hairstyles for Indian girls here.
12 Different Hairstyles for Indian Girls with Images:
Here are the best 12 Indian girls haircuts and hairstyles, and that is helpful for you to select the best one for you.
1. Instant Hair Bun:
In the massive portfolio of Indian hairstyles, the most common look variations we often encounter is the hair bun or hairdo. Hence, we can’t be without exploring today’s most simple and popular Indian hairstyle. This Indian hair bun is quite simple and casual and is noticed by several women every day. This is always a timeless and classic choice to try out – from the days you are busy and have no time to get ready or even on casual outings and day outs, it is a perfect choice. This is among the most famous Indian hairstyles for girls.
2. Loose Hair with Braids:
We love this desi Indian girl hairstyle too. The hairstyle blends the traditional braid look well with a modern loose hairstyle statement and brings out a balanced yet bold, stunning style statement. It is casual and simple yet gives chic and mesmerizing vibes. Pair it with your western or ethnic wear, and you can look simply gorgeous. What do you think?
3. Bangs on Forehead:
This is one of the trending Indian teenage girl hairstyles one should try. It is quite easy to do and maintain. One can add bangs to this style. This is trendy and is best for those who love a simple hairdo and carry it off with style.
- Matching Dress: Wear this style with western outfits.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this for women in their early 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits casual regular day outings and gatherings.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This style best suits oval face shape and straight hair texture.
4. Long Let Loose:
This latest haircut for Indian girls is super trendy and stylish. It makes an amazing fashion statement and is pretty with a long wavy texture. The loose hair makes the style statement here. It is one of the classic long hairstyles for girls that are a fashion symbol over and, above all, the easiest way to look appealing in a crowd.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with a long ethnic dress.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good time to try this one out.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this with family festivities and gatherings.
- Ideal Age Group: This style suits women and young girls below the age of 30.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this style with wavy hair and an oval or round-shaped face.
5. Half-up Half-down Curls:
This is a new hairstyle for Indian girls, which gives a formal and elegant vibe. The hair is pinned on the crown peak and further left over in a wavy texture, intensifying the look. Accessorizing creates a rich style to the hairstyle. Add a hair spray in the end, to make sure the look stays on for a long.
- Matching Dress: Wear this style with long western gowns.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good season to try this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can suit this style well.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style with night parties and gatherings.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with an oval-shaped face and round face shapes with wavy hair can suit this style.
Read: How To Pick A Hairstyle That Suits You
6. Messy Bun:
A messy bun looks huge on an Indian girl with medium to long length hair. It takes only 3 to 4 minutes to create this bun hairstyle. This hairstyle requires hair to be gathered from all around and resting on the top of the crown securing the hair with either bobby pins or elastic bands. Afterwards, a small number of bobby pins are used to form the bun. A couple of strands of hair are left on either side to make it look classy, and hair spray is used to set the hair.
- Matching Dress: Try this style with ethnic lehengas.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can suit it better.
- Best Season to Try: Wear it in summer to carry this look and style.
- Perfect Occasion: This style suits wedding functions better than others.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with any face shape and hair type can totally try this style out.
7. Ironed Curls:
This is an easy Indian hairstyle for girls, which is quite easy to do and maintain. Just twist all the hair with rollers or curling irons and intensify the look to create tresses all over. It creates an illusion of making the hair look longer as well as adds to the volume. Surface or middle parting can be done as you like.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this with date nights or dinners.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to try this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with knee-length western dresses.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can try this style better.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with oval-shaped faces and wavy hair can work on this style well.
Read: Simple Hairstyles For Little Girls
8. Part Pony:
This is one of the best hairstyles for Indian girls, as it is both simple and amazing. All you need to do is begin with the greater part of the half-section and fluff them up. Start parting from the side and do it until the end. This is quite easy to do and maintain too. In the end, secure it with elastic to make sure the hairstyle stays in place.
- Matching Dress: Try this with any outfit of your choice.
- Best Season to Try: Wear during summer to give a cool look.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style during casual outings with friends.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s to30s can try this one out.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear with an oval and diamond-shaped face and with long hair.
9. Indian Layered Hairstyle:
This is an amazing hairstyle for Indian girls with medium length hair and is quite simple, as we see. It gives such an elegant and voluminous look and is done with layers. Layers can make medium to long length hair look good and requires very easy styling. Sufficiently blow-dry the hair to make it look stylish.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go with this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 30s can totally rock this style.
- Matching Dress: Women can wear this with either saree or an ethnic dress.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear it with outings or festivities or any celebrations to look best.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this with any face shape and medium to long length hair type.
10. Flick Waves Ponytail:
This style is quite popular and well known for its chic look. It can be imitated with medium length hair as shown in the picture, and also as short hairstyles for Indian girls. This is quite easy to do. All you need to do is to make a pony with wavy hair. And this style is easy to maintain and also super comfortable. This is classy and elegant at the same time.
- Ideal Age Group: Try it with women in their 20s only.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear it for night parties to carry this look.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good season to try this style.
- Matching Dress: Women can wear any knee-length or short dress to look good here.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear it with a diamond and oval-shaped face with any short to medium length hair.
Read: Cute Easy Hairstyles For Girls
11. Chic Long Hairstyle for Every day:
Now worry not, even if you have long hair, this is best suited to Indian girl hairstyles. This is just well-brushed look for girls who have long hair. All you need is straight texture hair to maintain this open hairstyle. This is simple yet very trendy and classy. Try this out, and we are sure you will love it.
- Ideal Age Group: Try it on young women below 25 years of age.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for regular outings with friends.
- Best Season to Try: Wear it in winter and monsoons for the look.
- Matching Dress: This is best with any western outfit you wish or even kurtas.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this style with an oval, round or diamond-shaped face with long hair.
12. The Traditional Bun Look:
In case you are looking for a style that an Indian girl can wear while wearing a traditional saree, here is a simple option. As mentioned, the buns are quite versatile and elegant. This bun, decorated with flowers and accessories, can be tried out with a saree to make it look good. A maangtikka further enhances the beauty of the style.
- Best Season to Try: Try this look in summer.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this with any face type and hair type.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with a traditional saree to carry off this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: Any traditional festivities or wedding celebrations suit this well.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age can wear this style, preferably below 40 years of age.
Read: Different Ponytail Hairstyles
- Apply hair spray at the end of these hairstyles to make sure the look stays properly in place for a long.
- Hair serum before styling will make hair texture smoother and easy to style.
- Secure with hairpins and accessories to suitably style and to further enhance the look.
- Apply heat resistant oils and sprays if you are using styling tools in order to avoid damage to the hair.
Hope you enjoyed reading our guide on Indian hairstyles for girls. These given styles are quite versatile and elegant and can be done for several occasions with variations. All you need is a certain sense of styling and creativity, and these are, for sure, going to intensify your look. Check them out and try what you like best for numerous occasions and tell us what you think of them.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Do Buns Suit Young Girls Below 20?
Ans: Hairstyles with buns are quite versatile and can suit both young and old. If you want to try the buns style out before the age of 20, then you can keep a high bun that is casual and messy to look at.
Q2. How Often can Styling Tools be Used for Young Indian Girl Hairstyles?
Ans: Styling tools can be used irrespective of the age factor as long as good care is taken of the hair and one follows proper hair care routines. Apply good hair serum and essential oils to condition and nourish the hair. Apply an oil mask often, at least once a week and do not skip visiting hair spas once a month and take care of the overall health of the hair.
Q3. Do Lehengas During Wedding Celebrations Suit Indian Girl Hairstyle with the Pony?
Ans: During wedding celebrations, most women prefer lehengas, a saree or a long dress, so the most preferred hairstyles would be buns and updos as they are best suited to many hairstyles. You can also do variations for a hairstyle by adding hair accessories and flowers to the hair.