10 Amazing Benefits of Almond Oil for Your Skin
Almond, the king of nuts, is found mostly in Middle Eastern countries. Today, California has become one of the largest producers of almonds in the world because of its content. These dried almonds are cold-pressed with less heat to extract oil from them. Generally, cold-pressed oils are unrefined oils with many nutrients in them. Certain chemicals for fragrance are added to refine these oils. This almond oil is widely used in most households for hair and skin because of its natural benefits.
Image Source: shutterstock
Properties of Almond Oil:
Almond oil is a widely used product worldwide because of the essential nutrients present in it. The crucial properties of almond oil are:
- Almond oil is known for its antioxidant properties. This oil can fight the free radicals generated in the body.
- This oil is anti-inflammatory. It helps cure any inflammations, swellings, and irritations caused by the skin.
- It is enriched with Vitamin –E and A and essential fatty acids, making it a perfect skincare regime.
- This oil is suitable for all skin types, i.e., dry and sensitive skin, because it is mild and hypoallergenic.
- Almond oil contains 32% monounsaturated oleic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid), which is beneficial for the heart and maintains cholesterol levels.
- This oil is positively packed with potassium, zinc, magnesium, copper, and phosphorus, thus making it an immunity booster.
Remarkable and Wonderful Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin:
Almond oil, a Middle Eastern-born product, has been used to treat minor wounds and cuts since ancient times. Pure almond oil is beneficial for both skin and hair. It does miracles on dry and lifeless skin by nourishing it. Some of the advantages are listed below:
1. Treats Skin Rashes:
- Skin rashes are generally caused by dry skin, which is irritable and even causes a burning sensation.
- Almond oil treats skin rashes because of its anti-inflammatory properties. This oil fights any inflammation caused by the skin and makes it smooth.
- Apply this oil on the infected part gently and massage it in circular motions until it gets absorbed into the skin.
- Use this oil twice daily, preferably after the bath and before bed, to experience good results.
- People these days want to look very young, even in their 40s. For this, they use different anti-ageing cosmetic products.
- Almond oil is one such oil that reduces the signs of ageing on the face. The antioxidants in the oil remove the dead cells on the face and contribute to the generation of new cells on the face.
- Firstly, clean your face with a face wash and pat dry.
- Spread sufficient pure almond oil on your hands and gently massage the oil on your face in a clockwise and counter-clockwise course.
- Leave it overnight so that the oil gets absorbed into the skin.
- Apply the oil regularly at night and observe the changes before your mirror within weeks.
- Sweet almond oil is one of the best natural cleansers in your beauty kit.
- This oil is excellent at purging the skin of toxins, retaining the moisture on the surface, and blocking unwanted microbes’ entry.
- This is also helpful in removing the makeup safely without any irritations and swellings.
- This oil gets absorbed quickly into the skin and thus makes a face less oily.
- Cleanse your face regularly by massaging the oil on your face in circular motions, leaving it to dry itself.
4. Repairs Dry Skin:
- People with dry skin often feel itching and scratching the surface, which makes the skin much worse.
- The sweet almond oil with fatty acids helps the skin retain moisture and hydrate. The vitamin E present soothes the irritation caused because of dry skin.
- Apply the oil on the skin regularly to ease the feeling of irritation. Regular application of almond oil can moisturise the skin and make it healthier.
5. Stretch Marks:
- Stretch marks are mostly seen in pregnant women and lactating mothers. The distortion of collagen and elastin fibres in the skin causes these marks.
- These marks generally form on the woman’s hips, abdomen, back, and thighs.
- Almond oil, enriched with vitamin –E, is known for its skin-repairing properties and is a natural remedy for controlling stretch marks.
- Pregnant women should apply this oil regularly for stretch marks to become invisible.
- Take the required quantity of oil in your hand, spread it on the area with stretch marks, massage gently, and leave it to dry.
Read More: Almond Oil for Acne Scars
6. Cracked Feet:
- Cracked feet form cracks in the heels, which is more common after 25. Even though we care for our feet, they start cracking, and the skin starts peeling off. This looks very embarrassing.
- Almond oil is very light, quickly penetrating the skin and repairing the tissues.
- The antioxidant property of this oil promotes the formation of new cells by clearing off the dead cells.
- Apply this oil to the cracked heels overnight and wash them with lukewarm water. You can observe the results in no time.
Image Source: shutterstock
7. Removes Dark Circles:
- Dark circles and puffiness underneath the eyes are some of the main concerns that today’s generation faces.
- Sweet almond oil is believed to reduce these dark circles underneath the skin.
- The antioxidants in this oil help shrink the blood vessels beneath the eyes and lighten the appearance of dark circles.
- Take a fresh cotton roll, dip it in the oil, rub the cotton around the eyes where there are dark circles, and leave it overnight.
- For desired results, continue this regularly till the dark circles around the eyes disappear.
Read More: Almond Oil for Dark Circles
8. Hydrates Skin:
- The loss of moisture content makes the skin dehydrated, dry, and brittle.
- Applying almond oil to the skin keeps the moisture content locked up, thus keeping the skin hydrated and glowing all day.
- Apply sweet almond oil to the skin twice a day to keep the skin hydrated.
- Apply this oil in the morning after the bath and at night before bed.
9. Sun Protection:
- Sun has some harmful UV rays that damage the skin and destroy the epithelial cells.
- Almond oil is said to protect the skin from harmful UV rays and also reverses any damage caused by these rays on the skin.
- The antioxidants present in the oil act as a barrier to the skin from harmful sun rays.
- If your skin is susceptible to sun rays, mix this oil with your SPF to obtain the desired results.
10. Oily Skin, Acne, and Pimples:
- Our body naturally secures an oily sebum from the sebaceous glands, which is essential for skin protection.
- But, when this oil gets secreted in large amounts, the dirt gets trapped on the skin and face, which attracts bacteria, causing pimples and acne.
- Because of its cleansing nature, Almond oil cleans these pores of impurities, dirt, and unnecessary oils, thus making the skin free from acne, pimples, and oil.
- Massage the sweet almond oil on the affected area once daily, preferably before bed.
Almond oil, the king of nuts, has several benefits; applying it topically on the skin’s surface. Even doctors suggest pregnant women use almond oil for stretch marks because of its naturally present antioxidant properties. But, before you start applying on the skin and around the eyes, it is better to test for any allergies. Lastly, the bottom line is that almond oil is a perfect choice if you want to look younger without any skin spots. Go and grab this fantastic product from your nearby market.
1. What Are The Possible Side Effects of Applying Almond Oil?
Ans: Almond oil is generally safe to apply to the skin. But anyone with a nut allergy should not use this oil on the skin and hair. This may cause severe skin allergies, causing skin diseases.
2. What is Sweet Almond Oil?
Ans: Sweet almond oil is one type of almond oil prepared by pressing the kernels (nuts) produced from the sweet almond plant. This oil contains the same properties as regular almond oil. This oil is widely used for cosmetics.